Homemade Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats – healthy homemade treats for you pup! Only simple ingredients and so easy.
If you weren’t aware, I’m kind of a crazy dog lady.
And by “kind of”, I mean I’m pretty much the craziest dog lady that ever lived.
I want ALL THE DOGS.
I was actually playing around with starting a dog blog and then I realized that all I really wanted to do was post homemade treat recipes and pictures of our monthly Barkbox and that I really have nothing to say that requires a separate dog blog.
Don’t worry, I bought the URL just in case. You never know when I’ll get a wild hair.
So anyway, I’ve been really into making homemade stuff for the dogs recently. I got super inspired when I realized our H-E-B has a bulk bins section of treats. With strawberry biscotti.
Yeah. For dogs.
I whipped these Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats up yesterday for the girls and about the time I pulled them out of the oven, my husband was all “What are those? They smell good. Seriously though, what are they? For the dogs? Seriously?”
He came very close to trying one.
Both dogs gave them rave reviews which is saying something because Clem is weirdly picky about treats.
How To Make Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats
- Whisk together flour and baking powder to remove lumps
- Add diced apple, pumpkin, egg, and water and stir until all dry ingredients are moistened
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface and use bone cookie cutters to cut out treats; transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake about 30 minutes depending on how thick you cut them; you want them crisp
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving to your pup
How Long Are Homemade Dog Treats Good For?
These will last about a week in an airtight container in the fridge. If your dog is picky and wants room temperature treats, they will last about 3 days on the counter.
Can You Freeze Homemade Dog Treats?
Yes! If this recipe makes more treats than your dog will eat within a week, pop them in a ziploc bag (squeeze all the air out) and they will last about 3 months in the freezer. Defrost them in the fridge before serving to your pup.
More Homemade Dog Treats:
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- Pumpkin Carrot Dog Treats
- Dog Breath Refreshers
- Carrot Peanut Butter and Oats Dog Treats
- Apple Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 ⅓ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely diced apple
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder until no lumps remain. Add diced apple, pumpkin, egg, and water and stir until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and use a cookie cutter to cut shapes. Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on a wire rack before sharing with your pup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g