Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats – homemade dog treats made with cheddar cheese and bacon fat! Your dog is going to love these!
You know what the dogs in your life want for the holidays?
Homemade dog treats! Specifically, homemade treats with bacon and cheese.
My dogs all love them and they are really easy to make. Pack these Homemade Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats up in a cute cookie tin and deliver them to all the cute pups you know!
How To Make Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats
The first step in making these Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats is to start saving all the bacon fat from the bacon you cook. Just store it in the fridge until you get at least 10 tablespoons.
It might take awhile and several packages of bacon. Your dogs will appreciate it the effort, I promise.
Once you have the bacon fat, it gets combined with eggs, milk, water, flour, and cheddar cheese. Then you roll out the dough on a well floured surface and use a cookie cutter to cut out the treats. I have this set of dog-themed cookie cutters that I use for all my homemade dog treats.
They treats get baked for 25 – 30 minutes, until they are golden brown. Once of my dogs is older and has trouble with crunchy treats so I keep mine a little softer. But you can leave them in closer to 30 minutes if your dogs are fine with crunchy stuff.
How Long Are Homemade Dog Treats Good For
These Bacon Cheddar Dog Treats are good for up to a week if stored properly. They should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can Homemade Dog Treats Be Frozen
You can freeze homemade dog treats for up to 6 months if you don’t think your dog will eat them within a week. Put them in a ziploc bag and squeeze as much air out as possible before putting them in the freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
More Homemade Dog Treats
- Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
- Homemade Chicken Jerky for Dogs
- Peanut Butter and Banana Frozen Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats
- Carrot, Peanut Butter, and Oats Dog Treats
- 10 tbsp bacon fat, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together bacon fat and eggs until well blended. Add milk, water, and flour and beat until combined. Quickly beat in cheddar cheese. The dough should be stiff enough to roll out.
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/4-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the treats and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet, leaving an inch between treats. Repeat with all dough.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until the dog treats are golden brown. If you want a crunchier treat, leave them in closer to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g