Apple Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream – easy and healthy 4 ingredient homemade dog treat! A great way to keep your pup cool all summer.
It’s Clementine’s 8 year adoptiversary, you guys!
I got her literally days after we moved to Colorado when we were still living in the Army hotel on Fort Carson. We hadn’t even found a house yet but I’d found a dog. She’s been through so much with me and since I don’t know her actual birthday, we’ll just celebrate today!
(Also, I gave her an at home haircut a few weeks ago because our groomer is back by our old house and that’s 45 minutes away and I am too busy for that right now. Sorry she looks a little homeless.)
With Apple Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream! I have a plain Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream, too, if apple isn’t your thing!
Creamy peanut butter – make sure the peanut butter you use containers no sugar or xylitol
Plain whole milk yogurt – unflavored, unsweetened yogurt only
How To Make Apple Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
- Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together applesauce, peanut butter, and honey until smooth. Warm peanut butter and honey for a few seconds if combining them is difficult. Fold in yogurt until combined.
- Freeze before serving. Divide into freezer-safe containers and freeze for at least 2 hours.
Tips and Tricks
- I use these cups and get 9 servings if I fill them up about ¾ of the way. I like those because they come with lids.
Is Peanut Butter Dangerous For Dogs?
Every time I ever post a dog treat recipe with peanut butter to my Facebook page, there’s someone in the comments shouting “PEANUT BUTTER IS BAD FOR DOGS!” and it’s infuriating because peanut butter is perfectly safe for dogs as long as you are looking at the ingredient list.
You have to make sure you aren’t buying peanut butter that has xylitol in it. That can be very harmful to your dog. I also like to avoid peanut butter with sweeteners.
I look for a peanut butter that only has peanuts listed on the ingredients list. Nothing else. Just as a rule, for my kids and my dogs.
More Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Ice Cream
- Homemade Chicken Jerky for Dogs
- Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Dog Treats
- Carrot Peanut Butter and Oats Dog Treats
- Beef Jerky for Dogs
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter (no sugar or xylitol)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 32 ounce container plain whole milk yogurt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together applesauce, peanut butter, and honey until smooth. Warm peanut butter and honey for a few seconds if combining them is difficult. Fold in yogurt until combined.
- Divide into freezer-safe containers and freeze for at least 2 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 10g