Okay guys, it’s the first day back in real life for us. The kids have to go to school. I have to pretend like I’m cleaning the house all day and not watching CNN while I lay in bed. The usual.
My kids actually just got back from their dad’s house on Sunday night – they were gone for, like, 10 or 11 days. I didn’t go to the grocery store a single time they were gone. Our fridge is bare. Like, totally bare.
There’s literally just leftover pho, half a carton of cashew milk, and 2 limes.
And if you know me at all you know there’s not a chance in heck that I’m going to the grocery store with all 3 boys.
No. Nope. Not happening ever.
So I made a loaf of bread for sandwiches, cookies for lunchboxes, and these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast.
Banana and chocolate is definitely the best combination for muffins and this is my favorite recipe for it. They are soft and moist and delicious and I could probably kill the entire batch myself if I wasn’t trying to be good right now.
The recipe makes 12 muffins which my boys easily go through in a breakfast so I tend to double it if I want breakfast for more than one morning. And make sure you use super ripe bananas for the tastiest muffins!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until no lumps remain.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together vegetable oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in bananas, egg, vanilla, and milk until thoroughly mixed. Add dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Want more muffin recipes?