Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins – easy, make-ahead breakfast idea. Only 3 ingredients! Sweet and savory and delicious!
My seven year old is on Spring Break this week which I thought was going to be pretty awful because, omg, what am I supposed to do with 3 kids for an entire week when it’s 20 degrees outside? But it turns out that there are good things about it.
Like, I don’t have to yell “YOU HAVE EXACTLY 22 MINUTES UNTIL WE HAVE TO LEAVE! HURRY UP!” up the stairs every morning. Or we don’t have to sneak into the neighbor’s garage at 6:30 am to look for shoes we left over there last night.
Plus, instead of shoving cereal down his throat while also trying to put makeup on, get his brothers dressed, and make sure the dogs get ouside, I have time to make fun breakfasts.
Like these Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins!
How to Make Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins
I loathe making pancakes. I would rather make anything else in the world. But my kids are always asking for them. I have found my solution!
Pancake muffins! And they have sausage in them! They taste like a McGriddle which if you didn’t know, is my go-to McDonald’s breakfast item.
These muffins start with a box of pancake mix – use whichever one you prefer and prefer it according to the instructions on the box. You stir in cooked breakfast sausage and maple syrup to the prepared mix and then bake then in mini muffin cups for about 12 minutes.
Breakfast is done!
I got about 30 mini muffins out of the recipe so it’s perfect for a breakfast gathering or just making on a Sunday so you’ve got breakfasts for the week!
Tips for Making Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins
- To make them in a regular sized muffin, follow all the instructions in the recipe but bake them for 20 – 23 minutes instead.
- If you have a favorite homemade pancake recipe, just prepare the batter as usual but right before you cook it, stir in the cooked sausage and maple syrup.
- You can freeze these pancake muffins for really easy and fast breakfasts! Either defrost them on the counter overnight or defrost quickly in the microwave.
More Pancake Recipes
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- Pineapple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Pecan Oat Pancakes
- Buckwheat Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
More Muffin Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- pancake mix and all ingredients it calls for
- 1 pound maple sausage
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook maple sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking it up, until no pink remains. Drain well and set aside to cool slightly.
- Prepare one batch of pancake mix according to package instructions. Stir in sausage crumbles and maple syrup.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with baking spray. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. Serve with maple syrup on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g