Pineapple Upside Down Muffins – easy, kid-approved breakfast recipe! Delicious muffins filled with crushed pineapple and topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar and a maraschino cherry!
I’m doing that thing again where I refuse to buy cereal because we’ve had this giant Sam’s Club sized box of instant oatmeal in the pantry for, like, 3 months now and I. Want. It. Gone.
I’m told that there are people in this world that enjoy oatmeal and happily eat it but my children and I are not those people.
Why’d you buy 52 packs of oatmeal, Amanda, if you guys don’t eat oatmeal?
I don’t know, y’all. I black out in Sam’s the second I start thinking about getting a slice of pizza and I don’t even realize I have the oatmeal until I’m already out the door and flinging boxes into the Jeep.
No, this isn’t the first time we’ve ended up with the oatmeal.
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
- Mix together pineapple juice, 2 eggs, vanilla yogurt, and vegetable oil until combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt)
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine
- Stir in crushed pineapple
- Divide the batter among mini muffin cups sprayed with oil
- Sprinkle each muffin with brown sugar and gently press a cherry into the top
- Bake 9 – 12 minutes
Can I Use a Regular Muffin Tins?
Yes, but cook time will probably be around 20 minutes. When a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean, you know they are done.
Can You Freeze Pineapple Upside Down Muffins?
Yes! Pineapple Upside Down Muffins freeze beautifully.
Just pop them into a freezer storage bag and make sure to squeeze as much as out of the bag as possible. They will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost them overnight at room temperature before serving.
More Muffin Recipes
- Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl
- Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Pineapple Upside Down Muffins
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 28 - 32 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 2 mini muffin tins with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice, eggs, vanilla yogurt, and vegetable oil until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until no lumps remain. Add to the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Fill the muffin cups two-thirds (you should have about 30 muffins). Sprinkle each with a small amount of brown sugar and gently press a cherry into the top.
- Bake 9 - 12 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 28 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Amy @Belly Full says
I do the same thing with banana chips. I buy huge bags of them and then nobody ever eats them. Because we don’t like banana chips. We must be drunk when we shop? Anyway, we love oatmeal! But I’m also obsessed with pineapple and maraschino cherries are pretty much my daughter’s favorite thing in life next to making slime. So ya, these are happening. Love it!