Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries are crispy, salty, and absolutely delicious. They are healthier than traditional french fries and ready in 30 minutes!
If you love all things garlic parmesan, try Garlic Parmesan Cheese Ball!
I will admit that the only reason I bought an air fryer was to make frozen fries. My kids and I love to make frozen fries as a late night snack on the weekends and the air fryer works perfectly for that.
I had the air fryer for probably a year and a half before I attempted any real recipe with it. And now I’m obsessed with it and use it pretty much daily.
These air fryer garlic parmesan fries are my current favorite snack. I’m anxiously awaiting the return of summer truffle ketchup at Trader Joe’s because it’s going to pair perfectly with these fries.
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- These air fryer homemade fries are quick and easy! No need to heat up a big pot of oil or bake in the oven forever. These take about 20 minutes in the air fryer! So they’re great as a weeknight side dish or a quick snack.
- Air fryer fries get super crispy just like your favorite fast food fries.
- You’re only using a tablespoon of oil for these french fries in the air fryer so they’re better for you than deep fried fries.
- Russet potatoes – use medium or large size russet potatoes. And you are going to leave the skin on because the skin gets nice and crispy.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder – you can use 1 clove of fresh garlic if you prefer a fresher garlic taste.
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese – you can grate your own or get a good quality grated Parmesan from the store.
- Fresh parsley
How To Make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Prepare. Preheat air fryer to 400 F.
- Prep potatoes. Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them in ¼ inch wide strips and then each strip into ¼ inch wide strips.
- Soak potatoes. In a large bowl soak the potato strips in room temperature water for 15-30 minutes. Wash the potatoes again and dry them thoroughly.
- Season potatoes. In a mixing bowl combine fries, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to make sure fries are coated.
- Air fry. Transfer the fries into the basket and air fry for 20-25 minutes, shaking the basket several times throughout to make sure all the fries get fried evenly. Sprinkle hot fries with Parmesan and fresh parsley before serving.
I use this Cosori Air Fryer for all my air fryer cooking.
If you want to use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder, use 1 clove of garlic and finely mince it. Add it to the oil mixture that you coat the fries with.
These fries will be good in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
I recommend reheating these fries in the air fryer to get them crispy again. Reheat them for 3 – 5 minutes at 400F, until they are heated through and crispy.
You can serve these fries alone or with a sauce on the side. I like to make a quick sauce of mayo, truffle oil, and salt with these fries. You could also serve them with ketchup, ranch dressing, honey mustard, whatever you like!
More Fries Recipes
- Garlic Bacon Fries
- Pulled Pork Fries
- Sloppy Joe Fries
- Texas Cheese Fries
- Peanut Butter Crusted Sweet Potato Fries
- Reuben Fries
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F according to manufacturer instructions.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them in ¼ inch wide strips and then each strip into ¼ inch wide strips.
- In a large bowl soak the potato strips in room temperature water for 15-30 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes again and dry them thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl combine fries, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to make sure fries are coated.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, transfer the fries into the basket and air fry for 20-25 minutes, shaking the basket several times throughout to make sure all the fries get fried evenly.
- Sprinkle hot fries with Parmesan and fresh parsley before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g