Texas Cheese Fries are the perfect party snack! Seasoned fries topped with cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, green onions, and jalapenos! Served with a side of ranch!
If you love loaded fries, try Pulled Pork Fries or Garlic Bacon Fries!
So I guess the Superbowl is this weekend?
I stopped caring about the NFL when it became apparent that my teams weren’t going all the way.
But I do care about Superbowl food!
I care a lot about Superbowl food.
The amount of time I spend planning my Superbowl menu every year is insane. The amount of money I spend buying ingredients for my Superbowl menu is even more insane.
But anyway, I’ve got a super easy idea to feed a crowd at your Superbowl party!
Nicole made the perfect Superbowl drink: Michelada Marias! They are kicked up Coronas with lime, salt, and hot sauce!
What Are Texas Cheese Fries?
Texas Cheese Fries are served as an appetizer in restaurants like Chili’s and Cheddar’s. They are crispy fries topped with melted cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions, and jalapenos.
- Frozen seasoned French fries – you can use the unseasoned kind if you prefer
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Pickled jalapenos
How To Make Texas Cheese Fries
- Cook fries. Cook the fries according to package directions. Once crispy, turn the broiler on and move an oven rack closer to the top
- Top fries and broil. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and bacon on top of the fries. Broil just until cheese in melted, less than 5 minutes
- Add toppings. Sprinkle with green onions and jalapenos
Can You Make Texas Cheese Fries Ahead?
No, I don’t recommend making these ahead of time as you want the fries to be nice and crispy.
However, you can do parts of the prep ahead of time. Like, you can shred the cheese and fry the bacon so that’s a couple less steps you have to do when you are ready to bake the fries.
More Cheesy Appetizer Recipes
- 7 Layer Chili Dog Dip
- Cheesy Sausage and Spinach Dip
- Maple Pecan Baked Brie
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites
- Crawfish Dip
- Potato Skins
- Ranch Pizza Rolls
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Texas Cheese Fries
- 1 bag frozen seasoned french fries
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- pickled jalapenos, optional
- ranch, for dipping
- Cook the fries according to package directions.
- Once crispy, turn the broiler on and move an oven rack closer to the top.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar and bacon on top of the fries. Broil just until cheese in melted, less than 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions and jalapenos if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Cassie | Bake Your Day says
I need a whole plate of these. Amazing, Amanda!
Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says
My husband will adore me if I make this!
Julie @ Table for Two says
wow – cheese fries are the devil but i cannot get enough of them. put a plate in front of me and they will be all gone in 0.2 seconds!!
megan @ whatmegansmaking says
These look pretty amazing, and so easy! I don’t care about the Superbowl either, just the food :)
Can you please bring a plate of these to my house tonight so I can eat them for dinner? :) Better yet, bring two, and we can each have one!
nicole @ I am a honey bee says
well gonna need fat pants for Sunday! ha!