Apple Mustard Chicken Tenders – family favorite fall recipe! Chicken tenders topped with sweet and spicy sauteed apples. Ready in 20 minutes and perfect over mashed potatoes or rice to soak up all the sauce!
The kids are back in school! How excited are you?!
I’m more excited that I’ve ever been in my life.
I’m going back to yoga! I’m taking the dog paddleboarding! I’m gonna take my butt back to bed after I drop them off at least once a week!
And I’m most excited to get back to hiking if Texas ever cools down. I checked my weather app on the way to football practice last night and it said it felt like 108.
Texas. Stop it.
Also, why did my kid want to play football in August in Texas? It’s 108 degrees and he’s running around in full pads for a couple hours a day.
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- Brown Sugar
- Grainy mustard
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper
- Cook chicken tenders in olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through; remove to a plate
- In the same skillet, add sliced apples, brown sugar, and grainy mustard; toss to combine
- Cook apples until tender and saucy
- Return chicken to skillet
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes, if desired
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Bacon Spinach Feta Chicken
- Crockpot Pesto Ranch Chicken
- Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Marsala
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Apple Mustard Chicken Tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup grainy mustard
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Salt and pepper one side of chicken; place seasoned side down in the hot skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
- In the same skillet add sliced apples, brown sugar, and grainy mustard to the same skillet; toss to combine. Cook over medium heat 3 - 4 minutes or until the apples are tender and saucy. Stir in chicken. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes to soak up the sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 447mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 35g
These look so good! I have to make them for dinner!
My family will love this dish! Easy and so tasty!
Looks so delicious! Bring on fall! :)
Erin Dee says
What a delicious fall dinner for the family! Total comfort food for the win!
Katerina @ diethood .com says
Oh my, these look incredibly delicious!! My kids would love them!!
Mahy Elamin says
Interesting idea! Deliciously. This recipe is perfect for me and my family. I’m sure it is very tasty!
I love cooking with apples! I have to try these!
Jacque Hastert says
These look like a great kid-friendly fall dinner!