Avalanche Bars are delicious no bake bars filled with Rice Krispies cereal coated with white chocolate and peanut butter with marshmallows and chocolate chips mixed in.
I love the crunch that Rice Krispies add to baked goods. If you do too, try Almond Bark Drop Cookies!
Happy Tuesday! Back to the real world today, huh? That long weekend sure was nice.
This morning I have to take Penelope (#idiothusky) to the vet for her regular ol’ checkup. And the big plan is to drop her off and then call Clementine’s (the cockapoo) hair girl to see if she can squeeze her in before Penelope gets home.
Because, yeah, you guessed it. She still thinks Clem is a new dog whenever she gets a haircut. Like, she actually growls at her and won’t let her near the food bowls. This has happened every 8 weeks for 2 years now.
IdiotHusky for real.
So I’m hoping that if it happens while she’s gone, she’ll come home and think “Hey, you look different. But you’re still Clem.”
These are the things you have to think about when you live with a husky.
- White chocolate chips – this makes the sticky part of the bars that hold everything together.
- Creamy peanut butter – you could use crunchy peanut butter if you want a little extra crunch in the bars.
- Rice Krispies cereal – you could switch it up and do Cocoa Krispies if you are a chocolate lover!
- Mini marshmallows
- Mini chocolate chips
- Combine ingredients. Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over super low heat. Stir constantly until smooth. Put Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl and pour the white chocolate peanut over it. Stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Cool slightly. Let cool for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Once cool, stir in mini marshmallows and ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to pan. Transfer the mixture into a 9×9 pan and gently press down to make it all even.
- Add topping. Press the remaining 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips into the top.
- Serve! Let set completely before cutting and serving.
How Long Are They Good For?
These are best within 2 days of making them. After that, they start to dry out. Make sure to store them at room temperature in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Them?
You can freeze these avalanche bars for up to 2 months. I recommend wrapping them in plastic wrap and then placing them in a freezer ziploc bag.
When you are ready to enjoy them, let them sit at room temperature for several hours, until defrosted.
More Recipes with Rice Krispies
- Maple Bacon Rice Krispies Treats
- Salted Nut Roll Bars
- Hot Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- 4th of July Rice Krispies Treats
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons for top
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over super low heat. Stir constantly until smooth.
- Put Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl and pour the white chocolate peanut over it. Stir until all the cereal is coated. Let cool for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cool, stir in mini marshmallows and ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9x9 pan and gently press down to make it all even. Press the remaining 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips into the top. Let set completely before cutting and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g