The best sweet and salty treat! Maple Bacon Rice Krispies Treats are just like the classic but with maple syrup and crispy bacon.
Love sweet and salty treats? Try Maple Bacon Fudge and Sweet and Salty Pudding Cookies!
I spent my weekend watching a part 5 documentary of the OJ Simpson trial which was infuriating and I shouldn’t have allowed myself to watch it. But it was also very interesting and I’m probably gonna start another OJ documentary later today.
I also nibbled on these Maple Bacon Rice Krispies Treats.
I had the most amazing Apple Crumble Chicken and Waffles a few weeks ago and ever since then, I can’t stop thinking about maple syrup with savory foods.
Bacon is good with everything but it turns out that bacon is especially good with marshmallows and maple syrup and Rice Krispies. Even my kids liked them and they usually balk at me putting bacon in sweets.
Ingredients for Maple Bacon Rice Krispies Treats
- Butter – you can use a nondairy butter if you want
- Mini marshmallows
- Maple syrup
- Bacon – you want to cook the bacon until crispy so it stays nice and crunchy in the rice krispies treats. You could also do turkey bacon or even a plant-based bacon if you prefer!
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Prepare. Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make marshmallow mixture. Melt butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Once melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and half of the bacon.
- Add cereal. Add cereal and stir to combine.
- Let set. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread to the sides. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
I recommend storing these rice krispies treats in the refrigerator before of the bacon. They will be good for about 3 days.
Make sure to store them in an airtight container so they retain as much moisture as possible.
More Marshmallow Recipes
- Marshmallow Fruit Salad
- S’mores Fluff
- Avalanche Bars
- Pistachio Marshmallow Salad
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies Treats
- Lucky Charms Treats
- Banana Split Fluff
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Maple Bacon Rice Krispies Treats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon, divided
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Once melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in maple syrup and half of the bacon. Add cereal and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread to the sides. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Wendy Atkinson says
Was very dry and hard to mold tightly. Remade a few days later for a party and change to 3 tbs of butter and 15 oz of marshmallows. Kept rest same. Held together much better.
what do i do now i have done the recipe do i put it in the oven or…