Your dog deserves a treat! These homemade Carrot, Peanut Butter, and Oats Dog Treats are packed with all of your pup’s favorites!
Hi guys, happy almost weekend!
We’re making dog treats today!
It has been rainy and gross and the only time I’ve left the house all week was to sit at the coffee shop for a few hours to bang out some posts for Food Fanatic and clear out my inbox.
And there may have been a wine run after a very long Monday with the boys home allllll day.
Whatever. That hardly counts.
And since I’ve been home, I’m finally really breaking in the new kitchen. I think I’ve baked 10 things this week and y’all know I’d all but given up on baking the last few months.
One of the things I baked this week was these Carrot, Peanut Butter, and Oats Dog Treats.
I’m a big fan of taking whatever fruit or veggie is hanging around the house a little too long and turning it into dog treats which is how these came about. I bought matchstick carrots for who knows what reason because they’re just too thick for salads and and I was so tired of seeing them every time I opened the fridge.
I pureed them for this recipe because I already have a shredded carrot dog treat recipe and for that I just threw the carrots in a pot of water until they were soft and then blended them until smooth.
You can totally use a jar of carrot baby food if you don’t want to go through all that but you may need to adjust the flour because I think baby food will be a little thinner than the homemade puree.
How To Make Carrots, Peanut Butter, and Oats Dog Treats
- Melt together peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil over low heat; transfer to a mixing bowl
- Stir in pureed carrots, oats, and flour
- Roll out on a well floured surface
- Cut with bone cookie cutters
- Bake 17 – 20 minutes
- Let cool completely before servings
How Long Are Homemade Dog Treats Good For
These will stay good for 5 – 7 days as long as they are stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
- Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- Homemade Peanut Butter Doggy Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Peanut Butter and Banana Frozen Dog Treats
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup pureed carrots
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt together peanut butter, honey and coconut oil, stirring until combined. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add pureed carrots, oats, and flour. Stir until just combined.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and roll out with a flour dusted rolling pin until about ¼" thick. Cut out with cookie cutters and transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 17 - 20 minutes or until firm. If you want them crispy, bake for another 5 minutes or so.
- Let cool completely before serving to your pup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g