Bacon and Pimento Cheese Burgers – delicious (and easy!) homemade pimento cheese on top burgers with crispy bacon!
Something you may not know about me is that one of my favorite foods is pimento cheese. I don’t know how or why but I have loved it for as long as I can remember.
Almost every week when I do my big grocery shopping trip, I buy a tub of pimento cheese and a bag of those long pretzel rods and then I dip the pretzels in the cheese and that’s all I eat until it’s gone.
I mean, is that not one of the weirder things for someone to be obsessed with?
Pimento cheese on pretzels? And not just pretzels, it has to be the pretzel rods.
So when my dear friend Kita asked me to participate in Burger Month again this year, I knew Bacon and Pimento Cheese Burgers were happening.
How To Make Homemade Pimento Cheese
- Combine shredded cheddar cheese, diced pimento peppers, mayo, and salt and pepper
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving
How To Make Bacon and Pimento Cheese Burgers
- Mix together beef and salt and pepper until combined
- Shape into 4 equal burgers
- Grill over medium-high heat for 4 – 5 minutes per side until the burgers reach desired doneness
- Top with crispy bacon, pimento cheese, and whatever other toppings you want!
What To Serve with Burgers
And some side dish ideas:
- Fritos Corn Salad
- Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad
- Ramen Noodle Salad
- Marshmallow Fruit Salad
- Pineapple Baked Beans
- Cole Slaw Pasta Salad
More Burger Recipes
- Crockpot Cheeseburgers
- Colorado Omelet Burgers
- Buffalo Wing Burgers with Blue Cheese Slaw
- Greek Turkey Burgers
- Doughnut Burgers with Candied Bacon
- Guacamole Bacon Burgers
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the pimento cheese:
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 2 ounce jar diced pimento peppers
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 4 buger buns
- lettuce, tomato, onions, and other toppings if desired
- To make the pimento cheese, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Start with only 1/4 cup mayo and add more to reach desired consistency. Cover and let chill for an hour before serving.
- To make the burgers, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together beef, salt, and pepper until combined. Shape into 4 equal burgers.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the burgers are cooked through.
- Top with bacon, pimento cheese, and other toppings if you wish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 691Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 1109mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 47g