This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MadeWithTheMasters #HeinzBBQ #CollectiveBias
BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad – perfect for potlucks and barbecues! Pasta, chicken, cheddar cheese, bell peppers, corn, and bacon all tossed with barbecue sauce! So easy and so delicious!
Whyyy? Why does the weather do this to me? Yesterday I laid in the sun while my kids played in the sprinkler after school and today? I’m cold.
What is this?! Texas, get it together!
Anyway, the brief moments of hot weather have me really looking forward to summer! And swimming! And beaching! And most importantly, grilling!
BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad!
I was so desperate for barbecue yesterday after all the fun that I tossed together this quick and easy BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad for dinner.
So it’s the pasta and some chicken (I used a rotisserie one from the grocery store to make life extra simple) with bacon, cheddar cheese, red bell pepper and corn. And then it’s all tossed with my favorite Heinz BBQ Classic Sweet & Thick sauce.
Heinz has been doing really cool things in the bbq sauce world recently. Have you seen their regional varieties? They have Carolina, Texas, Kansas City, and Memphis styles and they were all crafted with local Pitmasters. Seriously cool.
The Kansas City Sweet & Smoky is my favorite among the regional bunch and it would definitely be delicious in this pasta salad. I’ve already got a bottle of it waiting for my next bbq craving!
But yes, the Heinz BBQ Classic Sweet & Thick is just as the name suggests. It’s sweet and thick and everything I love about a barbecue. This is the one I buy for my kids to dip nuggets in, it’s what I use when I do crockpot barbecue chicken, it just works for everything. I definitely always trust the great taste of Heinz.
And it worked beautifully in this pasta salad!
If you need more BBQ inspiration, head over to the Heinz BBQ official site for so many delicious recipes!
More Summer Side Dish Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound small pasta
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ - ¾ cup Heinz BBQ Classic Sweet & Thick or Heinz BBQ Kansas City Sweet & Smoky
- cilantro, chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cool pasta according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together pasta, chicken, bacon, cheese cubes, red bell pepper, and corn. Add ½ cup Heinz BBQ sauce and toss to coat everything. If everything is not coated, add about ¼ cup and toss.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 26g