Italian Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for spring and summer! Pasta, salami, mozzarella, olives, cucumber, red onion and tomato in an easy homemade dressing.
If you like the Italian vibes of this pasta salad, try our Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad, too!
My number one favorite spring and summer food is a cold pasta salad. I love a pasta salad that has lots of different veggies, cheese, meats, etc. They are perfect for people who love lots of texture in their food.
This Italian Pasta Salad is one of my go-to pasta salad recipes. It’s so colorful and full of flavors – it’s so popular any time I make it for a get together.
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- It is delicious! All the different flavors and textures all work so well together. Plus the tangy dressing coats everything beautifully.
- You can make it ahead! It needs to sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes but you can let it chill longer if you need to prepare other things. So it’s perfect for a party or barbecue!
- It’s so versatile. You can serve it as a side dish for a barbecue or top it with grilled chicken for a full meal. It would be perfect for meal prepping for the week.
- Olive oil – this is going to be the base of your dressing so use a decent quality/tasting olive oil.
- Apple cider vinegar – this is the acid in your dressing. You can substitute red wine vinegar if you prefer that flavor.
- Granualted sugar – this doens’t make the dressing sweet, it just helps to balance out all the flavors.
- Italian dressing – Italian dressing has all the standard Italian herbs so it’s perfect for a dressing like this.
- Garlic powder – garlic is a must in a dressing!
- Salt and pepper
- Farfalle pasta – you can use other shapes of pasta if you prefer but I think the farfalle really holds onto the dressing nicely.
- Red onion – red onion has less bite than a yellow or white onion so I always go for red when it’s served raw in a pasta salad like this.
- Cherry Tomatoes – this dish would be really pretty with multicolored cherry tomatoes!
- Cucumber – look for an English cucumber or mini cucumbers so you don’t have to worry about peeling them.
- Mozzarella pearls – if you can’t find mozzarella pearls, you can use a ball of fresh mozzarella and dice it into small pieces.
- Salami – I like to get sliced salami and cut it into thin strips. If you buy a salami log, just dice it into fairly small pieces.
- Kalamata olives – you can use regular black olives if you prefer that flavor.
- Fresh parsley – fresh parsley adds such a brightness to this pasta salad!
How To Make Italian Pasta Salad
- Make dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Prepare pasta. Boil the pasta to al dente according to package instructions. As soon as the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and run it under cold water.
- Assemble. Combine the pasta and dressing in a large serving bowl. Add the sliced red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, mozzarella balls, sliced salami, halved olives, and chopped parsley. Toss to combine.
- Chill. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before serving.
How Long Is It Good For?
Italian Pasta Salad is good for up to 3 – 4 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keep in mind that the tomatoes and cucumbers will release their juices the longer it sits in the fridge so you may end up with a watery pasta salad. Just give it a good stir and use a slotted spoon to serve it.
Can Pasta Salad Be Frozen?
I don’t recomend freezing pasta salad. Too many of the components would change texture once frozen and defrosted.
If you have leftovers, throw in some grilled chicken and use it for lunches throughout the week.
What To Serve with Pasta Salad?
I like to serve pasta salads with grilled chicken, grilled pork chops, or any other grilled meat.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
- Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Cole Slaw Pasta Salad
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Italian Pasta Salad
For the dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Pasta Salad:
- 8 ounces dried farfalle pasta
- ½ medium red onion, cut into thin slices
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small English cucumber, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 4 ounces salami slices, cut into thin strips
- ½ cup kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make the dressing. Set aside.
- Boil the pasta to al dente according to package instructions. As soon as the pasta is al dente, drain the pot of pasta into a colander. Run cold water over the pasta for 1-2 minutes to cool it rapidly.
- Combine the pasta and dressing in a large serving bowl. Add the sliced red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumber, mozzarella balls, sliced salami, halved olives, and chopped parsley. Toss to combine.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Leave a Reply