Caesar Pasta Salad – delicious side dish for barbecues and summer dinners! Pasta with bacon, tomatoes, black olives, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing.
Originally published July 1, 2013. Updated March 18, 2021.
I love pasta salad season. If you invite me to dinner any time between March and September, I’m bringing a pasta salad. They are just so easy to prepare and everyone always loves them.
This one is a twist on the classic Caesar salad with a couple extra ingredients added in. I’ve been making it for years and even my kids that “don’t like Caesar salad” love it. Probably because it has bacon and bacon truly makes everything better.
If you love classic salad flavors in pasta salad, my Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is another delicious option!
- 1 pound mini farfalle pasta – you can use any small pasta shape but I especially love the mini sizes for pasta salad
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup Caesar dressing – use your favorite store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup black olives
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- juice of ½ lemon
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions; drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into bite-size pieces and cook in a large skillet until crisp; drain and set aside
- Discard all but 1 tsp of bacon grease
- Add the sliced tomatoes and garlic to the hot skillet with bacon grease and cook for just a couple minutes until the tomatoes soften; remove from heat
- Stir together pasta, bacon, tomato mixture, Caesar dressing, olives, Parmesan, and lemon juice
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
🥗 How Long is Pasta Salad Good
Pasta salad is good for 3 – 4 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for as long as possible.
These glass containers with lids are my absolute favorite for leftovers.
Keep in mind that the bacon will lose it’s crispness the longer it sits in the fridge so don’t make it too far ahead of time if you’re serving it to guests!
You may also need to add a drizzle more of Caesar dressing to the leftovers if they seem dry.
❄ Can You Freeze Pasta Salad
I don’t recommend freezing this pasta salad. Too many of the components would change texture once frozen and defrosted.
If you are worried about having too much pasta salad leftover, I would cut the recipe in half.
🍗 What To Serve with Pasta Salad
You can also make it a meal itself and top it with grilled chicken, salmon, or steak!
👩🍳 More Pasta Salad Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound mini farfalle pasta
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Caesar dressing
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- ½ cup Parmesan
- juice of ½ lemon
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water to al dente, then drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into bite size pieces and cook in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Discard the bacon grease; leaving just a teaspoon or so in the skillet. Add the sliced tomatoes and minced garlic and toss in the skillet for just a couple of minutes to cook the garlic and soften the tomatoes. Remove from heat and let sit until cool.
- Stir together the pasta, bacon, tomato mixture, Caesar dressing, olives, Parmesan, and lemon juice. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 585Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1567mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g