BBQ Chicken Quesadillas – chicken, mozzarella cheese, red onion, cilantro, and barbecue sauce stuffed into a flour tortilla and grilled until golden and crispy! Super easy and fast weeknight meal!
My ultimate favorite pizza is a bbq chicken pizza.
I love the sweet and spicy barbecue sauce with the melty cheese and the red onion.
But man, pizza’s a lot of work some days.
I mean, you’ve got to be prepared enough to start your dough early enough and then you’ve got to cross your fingers that it actually rises.
Then you’ve got to roll it out and then you’ve got a flour mess on the counter.
You know? It’s just too much work sometimes.
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas!
These BBQ Chicken Quesadillas are my solution for days when we’re craving barbecue chicken pizza but either don’t have the time (or patience) to make my own dough or don’t feel like spending money on takeout.
They seriously can’t be any easier.
Just take some cooked chicken (get a rotisserie chicken from the store to save even more time!) and put it in a flour tortilla with shredded cheese, thinly sliced red onion, a little bit of cilantro, and barbecue sauce!
Then grill it until the tortilla is golden and crispy!
They’re perfect for a weeknight meal or a day you’re feeling lazy. We love them.
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- cooked (shredded chicken mixed with barbecue sauce (I did this but used 2 chicken breasts instead of the pork))
- red onion (sliced very thin)
- shredded mozzarella
- cilantro (chopped)
- extra barbecue sauce for drizzling or dunking
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, careful not to let the oil burn.
- Assemble quesadillas according to taste with chicken, onion, mozzarella, and cilantro. You can cover an entire tortilla with the toppings and then top that with another tortilla or you can only cover 1 side of the tortilla and do the fold-over method.
- Lower the heat to medium and add quesadilla, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tortillas are golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve with extra barbecue sauce if desired.
Things you may need for this recipe:
Want more easy weeknight meal recipes?