Crispy Onion Chicken Tenders – delicious baked chicken tenders coated in crispy onions. An easy 30 minute meal the whole family will love!
I am forever looking for ways to make chicken tenders a little less boring. Sometimes it seems they are the only things my kids will eat and as much as I love my Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders recipe, I need something different every once in awhile.
These Crispy Onion Chicken Tenders are a great way to switch up the usual and they can’t be simpler. They are just rolled in those delicious French fried onions before baking. And they’re a great weeknight meal because they’re ready in under 30 minutes!
My kids – who are all weird about onions – ate without complaint and asked for seconds!
How To Make Crispy Onion Chicken Tenders
- Lightly crush French’s Fried Onions; place in shallow dish
- Whisk together melted butter, worcestershire, ground mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Dip each chicken tender in butter mixture and roll in crushed onion; transfer to baking sheet
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
How Long Are Chicken Tenders Good For?
Baked chicken tenders are good for up to 4 days in the fridge. Store them in an airtight container.
I recommend reheating these in the oven or toaster oven so you get the onions to crisp up a little bit.
Can You Freeze Crispy Onion Chicken Tenders?
I don’t recommend freezing these chicken tenders, mostly because the onions will lose a lot of their crispiness. You could probably get some of that crispness back while baking but it still wouldn’t be the same as fresh.
More Chicken Tenders Recipes
- Baked Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Apple Mustard Chicken Tenders
- Chicken with Cranberry Mustard Sauce
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Crunchy Sweet and Spicy Chicken Tenders
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 can, 6 ounces French Fried Onions
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with oil.
- Pour French Fried Onions into a large zip top bag; seal. Use a rolling pan to crust the onions. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Whisk together melted butter, worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish.
- Working with one chicken tender at a time, dip the chicken in the butter mixture and then roll in the crushed onions. Transfer to prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If the onions start to get too dark, make an aluminum foil tent over the pan to prevent more browning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 575mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g