Chicken and Biscuits – only 5 ingredients! Chicken and gravy topped with refrigerated biscuits and baked until bubbly and golden. This is a family favorite!
This meal is one of the first I ever learned to cook. My Aunt Micki made a cookbook for me after my first kiddo was born and this was in it. It was a favorite of her boys and has become a favorite of mine too.
It’s like chicken and dumplings but since the biscuits aren’t completely covered by the gravy, the tops actually bake up like biscuits. So it’s basically dumplings and biscuits in the same meal.
My idea of heaven.
How to Make Chicken and Biscuits
This is the easiest recipe!
To start, you’re going to need cooked chicken. You can cook it however you like or, if you want to make your life really simple, just buy a rotiserrie chicken from the grocery store.
To assemble the dish, you combine the broth, biscuit gravy mix, a little flour, and a can of condensed cream of chicken soup. Let that boil until it’s nice and thick and then add the shredded chicken and transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
For the biscuits, take a can of refrigerated biscuits and cut them into 6 pieces. Spread out the biscuits on top of the chicken mixture and bake according to the package instructions.
Can You Freeze Chicken and Biscuits
Yes, Chicken and Biscuits freezes wonderfully! I like to double the recipe and freeze half for a super easy dinner. I put the chicken mixture in freezer ziploc bags and make sure to squeeze as much air out as possible. Don’t put the biscuits on until right before you bake it.
It will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight before transfering to a casserole dish and topping with the biscuits.
What Goes with Chicken and Biscuits?
I like to serve a green veggie with chicken and biscuits. You can keep it super easy with steamed frozen peas or green beans or even a simple salad.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Panera Copycat Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Baked Monterey Chicken
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet Pioneer biscuit gravy mix
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 can 10 or 12-pack refrigerated biscuits
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot over medium heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the biscuit gravy mix and the flour with about ¼ cup of water and then add that mixture to the broth. Add the cream of chicken soup and bring to a boil. Let cook until thickened to desired consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a casseole dish.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces each and place the pieces on top of the chicken and gravy mixture. Bake according to biscuit directions. You want the biscuits to be a deep golden brown to make sure the bottoms are cooked thoroughly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 752mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 31g