Birthday Cake Ice Cream – homemade cake flavored ice cream made with boxed cake mix and lots of sprinkles! How cute it this for a birthday?!
Today’s my birthday! *dances*
I’m a huge fan of other people’s birthdays, but not so much my own. I’ve decided to embrace it this year – mainly because this ice cream has been on my “to make” list for months!
The ice cream is beyond delicious. Cake batter ice cream is my alltime favorite and this is just as good as any you’d find at an ice cream shop. Maybe even better!
I woke up to a completely empty container the day after I made it. The kid was blaming my husband, husband was blaming the kid. At least someone enjoyed it, right?
How To Make Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- Whisk together milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, cream, and cake mix in a saucepan
- Cook over medium-low heat until it reaches 160F, stirring frequently
- Chill until cold
- Pour chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Stir in sprinkles by hand
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving
How Long Is Homemade Ice Cream Good For?
This birthday cake ice cream is tastiest when consumed within the first week but it will stay edible for a couple months. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
I always store my homemade ice cream in this cute 1.5 quart container meant specifically for ice cream. It’s under $8 and keeps the ice cream nice and fresh.
More Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream
- Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!