One of the great things about the Army is that they give plenty of time off after a deployment. My husband went back to work yesterday after an entire month off. And I don’t know if this is the case for everyone, but I’m incapable of doing anything productive when my husband is around. Clean the house? Nah, I’ll just sit here a bit longer. Buy groceries? Why? We can just order a pizza. Blog? Ehhh, I’d rather fall asleep on the couch watching Sex and the City reruns.
This has been my life for the past month.
Well, add a few
too many bottles of wine and then you have my life.
But I’m hoping to return to my regular blogging now that everything has gone back to the normal. And I may even clean the house.
For our Thursday theme this week we decided on peanut butter which is one of my favorite things in the entire universe. I love it so much that I followed up my 250 calorie burn workout with 600 calories of extra crunchy PB yesterday. Just on a spoon. Because I am on a diet. Duh.
These waffles are so yummy and they have enough peanut butter flavor that I didn’t even use syrup which is practically unheard of for me.
Nicole made Peanut Butter Cup Milkshakes which sound sinful and I wish I had one right now.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Put melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs on top of the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Whisk in the milk, just until mixed. If the batter seems too thick, add more milk a tablespoon at a time.
- Cook in waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g