Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole – creamy pasta with chicken and a crunchy topping! This is an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
I’ve always said that the way to make a dinner that my family will love is to take chicken, pasta, cream of whatever soup, and cheese, smash it all together and bake it.
And then maybe throw something crunchy on top just to be safe
They will eat every last bite.
All of it.
- Cooked chicken
- Egg noodles
- Sour cream
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Ritz crackers
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
This is a really simple recipe and the kind of thing every one loves. Total comfort food!
- Mix together cooked and diced chicken, cooked egg noodles, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Put chicken and noodle mixture into a baking dish
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top of noodle mixture
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the crackers are crispy and the cheese is melted and bubbly
Can You Make Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole Ahead?
Yes! You can definitely assemble Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole the night before you plan to eat it. You may need to add extra time to the baking process. Just look for bubbly cheese and you will know it’s ready.
I would probably wait to add the crushed crackers until right before you bake it as they will get soggy in the refrigerator overnight.
Can You Freeze Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze it but the texture may change a little bit once defrosted. I would thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then add the cracker crumbs (don’t add them before freezing!) and then bake as the recipe says.
It may need a little extra baking time if it’s coming straight from the fridge so just keep an eye out for the casserole to bubble.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Peas
- Perfect Penne alla Vodka
- Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake
- Pasta Fagioli
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 pound wide egg noodles, cooked
- 24 ounce container sour cream
- 2 10 ¾ ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, noodles, sour cream, soup and cheeses. Pour into prepared dish.
- Mix together cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until crackers are crispy and golden and cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 671Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 1013mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g