Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Peas – easy 30 minute weeknight meal! Creamy cheesy pasta with bacon, peas, and carrots. A great way to get picky eaters to eat veggies!
We’ve reached the point of absolute end of the school year chaos.
Between end of year projects and exams and soccer and 7-on-7.
I’m ready to not have to worry about who needs a Benjamin Franklin costume and who needs a terrarium. I’m over stressing out about 2 soccer practices on the same night at the same time in 2 different cities.
I need a vacation.
I’m really relying heavily on no fuss 20 minute dinners like this Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Peas.
How to Make Parmesan Pasta with Bacon and Peas
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made this pasta in the last year.
I always have everything hand, nobody complains about it, aaaaand I almost feel like I’m sneaking veggies into the kids.
It starts with bacon. You cook some onion and diced carrots in the bacon fat. And then stir in chicken broth, frozen peas, and Italian seasoning. Once all that is good (literally a few minutes), you add your cooked. And finally, the best part! A little cream cheese and a good handful of Parmesan cheese.
It’s creamy and flavorful and done within 20 or 25 minutes.
Definitely double it if you’re feeding more than a few people. My boys can go through the entire recipe in a night.
More Weeknight Pasta Recipes
- Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake
- Perfect Penne all Vodka
- One Pot Lemon Chicken with Orzo
- Pasta with Shrimp and Rosa Sauce
- One Pot Pizza Pasta
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 8 ounces small pasta
- 4 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, plus more for serving
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, cook bacon over medium-high heat until cooked. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour off all about 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings.
- Add onion and carrot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, peas, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and Parmesan. Add enough of the pasta water to make it creamy - add slowly so it doesn't get too watery. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with extra Parmesan and black pepper, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 844mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g