Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake – cheese-filled pasta with ham and peas in a creamy, cheesy sauce with a Ritz cracker topping! An easy 30 minute meal the whole family will love!
I’ve got a delicious and easy Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake for you today! Because I love a 30 minute meal!
Especially one that the kids eat without complaint!
Those are my favorite.
Don’t you just love tortellini? I am obsessed. They literally cook in 2 minutes and they make a meal so much more fun than regular pasta. Why have plain pasta when you can have cheese-filled pasta?
That’s my life motto.
Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake!
Along with the tortellini, this yummy casserole has ham, peas, lots of swiss cheese, and a crispy Ritz cracker topping. Ritz crackers make everything better, right?
If you’re not into swiss, use whatever cheese you like.
I’d actually bought Parmesan for this but I accidentally melted all of it onto tortilla chips during a weak moment over the weekend. Whoops.
But yes, any cheese will work! I wouldn’t go for, like, a pepperjack but you know, swiss, Parmesan, or cheddar would all be delicious.
More Tortellini Recipes:
Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini – tortellini with ground turkey, pasta sauce, and 2 kinds of cheeses! Serious comfort food.
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup – the only way to improve creamy tomato soup is with pasta filled with cheese.
Garlic Parmesan Tortellini Salad – the best twist on the classic pasta salad! Tortellini with bacon, peas, and a garlic Parmesan sauce.
Cajun Tortellini Alfredo – smoked sausage and tortellini in a spicy, creamy alfredo sauce.
- 1 16 ounce package cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add tortellini, and cook according to package instructions (about 3 minutes). In the last minute, add frozen peas. Drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter, heavy cream, ham and swiss cheese. Add tortellini and stir until the cheese has melted. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with crushed crackers. Dot with remaining tablespoons of butter.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 737mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g