Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake – cheese-filled pasta with ham and peas in a creamy, cheesy sauce with a Ritz cracker topping! An easy 30 minute meal the whole family will love!
I’ve got a delicious and easy Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake for you today! Because I love a 30 minute meal!
Especially one that the kids eat without complaint!
Those are my favorite.
Don’t you just love tortellini? I am obsessed. They literally cook in 2 minutes and they make a meal so much more fun than regular pasta. Why have plain pasta when you can have cheese-filled pasta?
That’s my life motto.
Ingredients for Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake
- Cheese filled tortellini (the frozen or fresh kind but the frozen will take longer to cook)
- Frozen peas
- Olive oil
- White onion
- Salt and pepper
- Heavy cream
- Swiss Cheese
- Ritz crackers
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions
- In the last minute of tortellini cooking, add frozen peas
- Drain tortellini and peas; set aside
- In a separate skillet, cook onion in olive oil until soft
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons butter, heavy cream, ham, and swiss cheese
- Add tortellini and stir until the cheese has melted
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with crushed Ritz crackers
- Dot with remaining butter
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until bubbly
How Long Is Tortellini Bake Good For
Cheesy Ham and Tortellini Bake will be good in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
The pasta will continue to soften and absorb the sauce so it’s best consumed within the first couple days.
To reheat, I recommend adding more crackers on top and baking it again. You can also microwave it if you don’t mind soggy crackers.
More Tortellini Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Tortellini
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Garlic Parmesan Tortellini Salad
- Cajun Tortellini Alfredo
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 16 ounce package cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add tortellini, and cook according to package instructions (about 3 minutes). In the last minute, add frozen peas. Drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter, heavy cream, ham and swiss cheese. Add tortellini and stir until the cheese has melted. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with crushed crackers. Dot with remaining tablespoons of butter.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until bubbly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 737mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g