My alltime favorite party snack is The Original Chex™ Party Mix. And I have zero shame in standing over the bowl and picking out all the Wheat Chex. And then when I run out of Wheat Chex, I go for whatever pieces are absolutely covered in seasoning.
I’ve made several batches of Chex Mix over the last few weeks. There was the Cranberry Nut Chex Mix, and then I made a sweet one for snacking on during the Thanksgiving parade, and then I made this one to snack on while I try to figure out what the dang Elf is going to be up to tomorrow morning.
And when I say “I made”, I really mean that my kids made them. This is a microwave recipe which means they can do pretty much the entire thing on their own.
So it’s the Wheat Chex, Corn Chex, and Rice Chex tossed together with mixed nuts, pretzels, and garlic bagel chips. And then you melt butter with some worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt. Pour that over the Chex mixture and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes.
Seriously, so easy.
The hardest part is waiting for it to cool off!
Want more Chex Mix recipes? Check out the Chex Party Mix website and follow Chex on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Chex Party Mix
- 3 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size pretzels
- 1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g