Dirt and Worms Chex Mix – chocolate Chex cereal coated with chocolate pudding mix and tossed with chopped Oreo cookies and gummy worms. So easy and so cute!
How was your weekend?
We had the best of both worlds. On Saturday we were eating watermelon in the backyard while wearing shorts and then Sunday we watched snow fall all day long!
Gotta love Colorado!
I’m assuming most of your had nice Spring weather so I wanted to share this Spring treat! I think it’s my favorite thing I’ve made in months.
I know it looks like it’s for the kids but I won’t lie, it hit all my weird cravings on Saturday night – sweet and crunchy, chocolate, sour, chewy. I mean, everything I could ever want all in one cute little bucket!
And my kids went nuts for it, of course! They’re boys so they like anything gross and eating bugs and dirt was pretty exciting for them.
It would be super cute at a kids birthday party served in mini buckets with tiny shovels.
Ingredients for Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- Chocolate Chex cereal
- Chocolate puddng mix
- Oreo cookies
- Gummy worms
Instructions for Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- Melt butter and stir in pudding mix; stir until dissolved
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Chocolate Chex and butter mixture, making sure all the cereal is coated
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet
- Bake at 300F for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through
- Stir in chopped Oreos and gummy worms
- Transfer to wax paper to cool completely before storing and serving
How Long Is Homemade Chex Mix Good For
This Dirt and Worms Chex Mix will stay good for several weeks (I usually say 2 weeks to be safe) if stored properly.
I like to store mine in this giant glass jar because it’s airtight and also looks so cute on the counter. A plastic storage container or ziploc bag with all the air squeezed out works too!
More Snack Mix Recipes
- Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
- S’mores Chex Mix
- Ranch Goldfish Snack Mix
- Dill Pickle Chex Mix
- Cheesy Taco Chex Mix
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate pudding and filling mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreos
- 2 cups gummy worms
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter on very low heat (or in the microwave). Remove from heat and stir in pudding mix until pudding has dissolved. Pour over cereal and toss gently, making sure each piece of cereal is coated. Pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in Oreos and gummy worms. Spread mixture onto wax paper to cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g