Dirt and Worms Chex Mix – chocolate Chex cereal coated with chocolate pudding mix and tossed with chopped Oreo cookies and gummy worms. So easy and so cute!
How was your weekend?
We had the best of both worlds. On Saturday we were eating watermelon in the backyard while wearing shorts and then Sunday we watched snow fall all day long!
Gotta love Colorado!
I’m assuming most of your had nice Spring weather so I wanted to share this Spring treat! I think it’s my favorite thing I’ve made in months.
I know it looks like it’s for the kids but I won’t lie, it hit all my weird cravings on Saturday night – sweet and crunchy, chocolate, sour, chewy. I mean, everything I could ever want all in one cute little bucket!
And my kids went nuts for it, of course! They’re boys so they like anything gross and eating bugs and dirt was pretty exciting for them.
It would be super cute at a kids birthday party served in mini buckets with tiny shovels.
Ingredients for Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- Chocolate Chex cereal
- Chocolate puddng mix
- Oreo cookies
- Gummy worms
Instructions for Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- Melt butter and stir in pudding mix; stir until dissolved
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Chocolate Chex and butter mixture, making sure all the cereal is coated
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet
- Bake at 300F for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through
- Stir in chopped Oreos and gummy worms
- Transfer to wax paper to cool completely before storing and serving
How Long Is Homemade Chex Mix Good For
This Dirt and Worms Chex Mix will stay good for several weeks (I usually say 2 weeks to be safe) if stored properly.
I like to store mine in this giant glass jar because it’s airtight and also looks so cute on the counter. A plastic storage container or ziploc bag with all the air squeezed out works too!
More Snack Mix Recipes
- Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
- S’mores Chex Mix
- Ranch Goldfish Snack Mix
- Dill Pickle Chex Mix
- Cheesy Taco Chex Mix
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate pudding and filling mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreos
- 2 cups gummy worms
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter on very low heat (or in the microwave). Remove from heat and stir in pudding mix until pudding has dissolved. Pour over cereal and toss gently, making sure each piece of cereal is coated. Pour onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in Oreos and gummy worms. Spread mixture onto wax paper to cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
This is totally the kind of snack I would keep grabbing handful after handful of!!
This is such a cute idea! I love the sweet and savory mixture! Can’t wait til my little guy is a bit older, I know he’ll love this one!
I loved the dirt and worm cupcakes, I’m SURE I’ll love this too!
Natasha of Natashaskitchen.com says
This would be a dream come true for my 4-yr-old boy! Pinning this one for sure! :)
Rachel Cooks says
This is so, so, so fun!!!
So, I know my kids would like this, but I’m not sure I’d even share it with them! Love!
MY kids would get a total kick out of this! such a cute idea!