Dill Pickle Chex Mix – my alltime favorite Chex Mix! Chex cereal, bagel chips, pretzel sticks, and cashews coated in a buttery dill pickle and ranch seasoning and baked until crispy and delicious.
This is one of my favorite things I’ve made in a long time.
Yes, I know I say that a lot. Yes, I know I need to stop saying it so much.
But I love Chex Mix and I love all things dill pickle flavored. It’s Chex cereal, bagel chips, pretzels, and cashews all coated in a delicious buttery savory seasoning. And then it’s all baked until it’s extra crispy.
This was dangerous to have in the house. I had it on the kitchen island and would just grab a handful every time I walked by. If you love dill pickle flavored everything like I do, you have to make this!
How To Make Dill Pickle Chex Mix
This is a super simple recipe and a great one for tiny helpers because it involves lots of stirring.
- Combine Chex cereal, bagel chips, pretzel sticks, and cashews in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, dry ranch seasoning mix, dill pickle juice (just from a jar of pickles), dried dill, and garlic powder
- Pour the butter mixture over the Chex cereal mixture and gently toss to make sure all the ingredients are coated
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- After the house, transfer to parchment paper or aluminum foil to cool
- Cool completely before serving and storing
What If I Can’t Find Bagel Chips
Okay, I had this problem. And I don’t know if it’s because we moved recently and it’s just not a thing here but they were nowhere to be found.
I did have plain bagels though.
I took 3 bagels and sliced thin rounds (my bagels were presliced so most pieces ended up as half circle-shaped) and brushed both sides with garlic butter (4 tablespoons melted butter, 3 minced cloves of garlic, and salt) and put them on a baking sheet. I baked them until they were crispy, turning once, about 15 – 20 minute depending on how thick they were sliced.
And there you go, homemade bagel chips. Also very dangerous to have sitting on the counter.
If you don’t feel like going through all that, you can just order them online.
How Long is Homemade Chex Mix Good For?
Homemade Chex Mix will stay good for several weeks (I usually say 2 weeks just to be safe but it can last longer) if stored in an airtight container. Just leave it at room temperature on your kitchen counter.
I like this 64 ounce glass jar because it holds a ton of Chex Mix and it looks super cute on the counter. A plastic storage container or a ziploc bag with all the air squeezed out also works.
Other Mix Ins for Homemade Chex Mix
Some ideas of mix ins for this Dill Pickle Chex Mix:
- Oyster Crackers
- Goldfish Crackers
- Rye Crisps
- Sunflower Seeds
Can You Freeze Homemade Chex Mix?
I don’t recommend trying to freeze homemade chex mix. Most of the ingredients would lose their crunch once frozen and defrosted.
More Snack Mix Recipes
- Parmesan Ranch Oyster Crackers
- Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
- Dirt and Worms Chex Mix
- Chex Party Mix
- Cranberry Nut Chex Mix
- S’mores Chex Mix
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 8 cups Corn or Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups bagel chips
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch seasoning
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice (from jar of pickles)
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Chex cereal, bagel chips, pretzel sticks, and cashews.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together butter, ranch seasoning, dill pickle juice, dried dill, and garlic powder.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss gently to make sure everything is coated.
- Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Transfer Chex MIx to parchment paper or aluminum foil to cool completely before serving and storing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g