Chex cereal, crackers, and pretzels are coated in a delicious parmesan and ranch seasoning in this Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix. It is seriously addictive!
I love making chex mix for parties or just for every day snacking. Some of our other favorites are Dill Pickle Chex Mix, Cheesy Taco Chex Mix, and Cranberry Nut Chex Mix!
Today’s a good day. September 1st means so many great things! I mean, the Dairy Queen Pumpkin Blizzard is back. The Pumpkin Spice Latte is right around the corner. Bath & Body Works is releasing even more pumpkin candles next week. I am SO EXCITED for September.
- Chex cereal – you can use corn, rice, wheat, or a mixture of a couple!
- Mini pretzels
- Cheez-It crackers
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Grated Parmesan cheese – the stuff in the green can works perfectly for this! You want the grated kind and not anything shredded
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients. Combine cereal, pretzels, and crackers in a very large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Add seasonings. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.
- Bake. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
How Long Is It Good For?
Homemade chex mix is good for several weeks at room temperature. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or big ziploc bag.
Can You Freeze Chex Mix?
I don’t recommend freezing homemade chex mix. The crunchy parts won’t stay crunchy once frozen and defrosted.
More Chex Mix Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix
- 8 cups Chex cereal, rice, wheat, or corn
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1 ounce package ranch seasoning mix
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cereal, pretzels, and crackers in a very large mixing bowl.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated. Stir in dressing mix and cheese until evenly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Mine clumped too! I had to do a little damage control so I melted more butter half stick and added 2 tbls of worcestershire sauce and mixed Parmesan with that and poured that over. Still kind of bummed there is clumpy over seasoned pieces in the snack mix.
mine clumped too! I think I’m going to drizzle butter over cereal, pretzels and crackers and get it all coated, then sprinkler the ranch on top and gently mix evenly coat.
Mine clumped too! Ugh
After mixing the butter and ranch together it got very clumpy and when I tried to mix it in with the Chex/pretzel mix it clumped up really bad. I would NOT mix the ranch and butter together and just stick with the original Chex recipe on their website..
I had the same problem AND it burned after 30 minutes. Upset.
Is the temperature correct? I tried it and it burned in 30 min
Nooooo! Omg, I’m so sorry! It should be 250F.
Judy Sheridan says
I did mine at 350 for 14 Mom. Stirring half way through and they came out great. I used that temp because I had other things in the oven at that time.
nicole @ i am a honey bee says
See, I’d be horrible with this and not share.
I love the combo of ranch and parm cheese on there
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
The Dairy Queen Pumpkin Blizzard?! woot woot!! isn’t it funny how we know our seasons based on food? :) I love it! and who knows. . you might like Texas more during football season! :) love this chex mix. . I would eat that entire bowl!
You had me at Parmesan and ranch… yummm!!
Dayna Kellam says
Starbucks has PSL in Mobile!
Seriously? I’ll have to see if ours has it yet!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This looks addictive!