Have you ever had a mocha frappuccino with malt powder from Starbucks? If you haven’t, I suggest you get one. Immediately. It will change your life. This cheesecake is like that delicious drink only in cake form.
I’ve made one cheesecake previously and that one turned out so pretty that I was feeling pretty cocky about this one. I thought about using a water bath even though the original recipe didn’t call for it but decided not to worry about it. And what happened? HUGE crack down the middle that a water bath would have prevented. So please, always use a water bath so you have pretty cheesecakes.
The cheesecake was pretty amazing despite the crack. The malt flavor became more apparent as the cheesecake sat in the fridge and was super malt-y after a couple days. Yum!
Chocolate Malt Cheesecake
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 packages (8 ounces each cream cheese, room temperature)
- 1 can (14 ounces sweetened condensed milk)
- ¾ cp chocolate malt powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream and malted milk balls (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Wrap the bottom a 9 x 3 inch springform pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. Press mixture firmly into bottom of springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Add condensed milk and beat until well blended. Add malt powder, eggs, and vanilla and beat thoroughly. Pour filling into crust. Put springform into a larger pan and fill the larger pan with water â€“ about halfway up the springform.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool to room temperature and then chill in refrigerator. Decorate with fresh whipped cream and malted milk balls.