Happy Tuesday guys!
I hope you had a fabulous long weekend (if you were lucky enough to get one)! The kids and I took advantage of the $1 hot dogs at Sonic and may or may not have indulged in slushies as well. And then I spent the rest of the day cleaning out the fridge and my closet and watching a Vanderpump Rules marathon.
It was fantastic.
I also went nuts in the kitchen and made cookies, muffins, and these cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.
I can’t remember the last time I made cinnamon rolls. Probably not since we lived in Colorado!
But cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite things to make. I love the process. The making of dough, rising, filling and rolling, another rise, baking, frosting. I love how long it takes. It makes it that much more exciting when they’re finally done and frosted with amazingly delicious cream cheese frosting!
I am obsessed with these. They are so fluffy and perfect. Warm them up for, like, 20 seconds just so the frosting gets melty… perfection.
If anyone needs me, I’ll be eating my weight in cinnamon rolls.
More Breakfast Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ¼ ounce package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 - 3 ½ cups flour
For the filling:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons heavy cream, or milk
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let sit until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat milk and pudding mix together; let stand 1 minute. Beat in egg, melted butter, salt, and yeast mixture. Add flour, ½ cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Switch to the dough hook and knead for about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For the filling, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide the dough into two sections and roll out into large rectangles. Brush each with butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll up and pinch seam to seal. Slice into rolls and place in a greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add vanilla bean paste and beat until combined. Slowly add in powdered sugar until no lumps remain. Drizzle in heavy cream until it reaches the desired consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 8g