My number 1 goal for the summer was to go to the aquarium. I’ve been putting it off because it’s in Denver and Denver feels so far away. When in reality, it’s only 40 minutes. And after surviving the Epic Summer Roadtrip of 2014, I decided that a 40 minute drive was doable.
So we did the aquarium yesterday and it was awesome.
While we were standing in line to buy tickets, I noticed that the lady in front of me had a Trader Joe’s tote bag and I did the loudest internal scream. TRADER JOE’S! I’ve never even seen one!
Obviously we went there after the aquarium.
You guys, I was so underwhelmed when we got there. It’s like the size of a Walgreens.
But I quickly learned that they jam so much goodness into that little Walgreens-sized building. I bought so much meat and so many coconut products. And that pretty much sums up my diet.
That really has nothing to do with these chicken thighs but I wanted to share because I’m super excited that A) I went to Trader Joe’s! And B) I now realize that it’s only 40 minutes away and it’s totally worth it to make the drive once a month or so.
These chicken thighs are my current favorite protein. I’ve gotten into a ground turkey rut the past few months – that’s pretty much all I’ve been putting on my salads – and I was desperate to switch things up. So I started cooking these thighs once a week and then using the meat on my salads or just as a quick snack or meal. I use the Newman’s Own Lite Honey Mustard every day of my life and these are SO GOOD with it. And they’re super simple: just a quick brown on the stove and then baked for 20 minutes!
Seriously easy and seriously good.
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 ½ pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together melted coconut oil, dijon mustard, honey, and salt. Brush this mixture on all sides of the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken thighs in the pan, fat side down. Cook about 3 minutes or until browned; flip and cook another 3 minutes or until browned. Remove to a baking sheet. Continue until all chicken thighs are browned.
- Bake the chicken thighs in preheated oven 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g