A peachy twist on the classic margarita! Peach margaritas made with fresh peaches blended with tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and peach nectar. The perfect poolside drink for summer.
If you love peach drinks, try Peach Cherry Sangria!
I’m in the midst of a panic.
My two oldest boys are going to school this year. One in 2nd grade and the other in pre-k. Number 1 annoying thing is that they’re going to different elementary schools on post. Because the Army is all about efficiency.
And then, number 2. Neither school has school supply lists on their website yet! Kid #1’s school is… not my favorite. I don’t want to say that the vice-principal and I have had words but, it may have happened. More than once. (FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD, LADY, TURN THE PAGE OF THE SHOT RECORDS SO I DON’T HAVE TO COME UP HERE EVERY QUARTER AND TELL YOU THAT YOU’RE AN IDIOT.) So I’m not really expecting them to have their supply lists posted anytime before November.
But then Kid #2’s school has every grade BUT pre-k listed on their supply list.
Geez people, c’mon.
I am obsessed with school supplies even though I am old and have no real use for them. I just love them. The highlight of my middle school years was getting a big paper bag of school supplies at the start of each year (because we all had to have the EXACT same supplies and the EXACT same color binder for each class) and obsessively sorting them out on my bedroom floor. Once a day I would unpack that bag and try to decide how many pencils I would put in the math pile and how many would go in German.
I still use a Lisa Frank notebook to make my grocery lists.
But anyway, I’m having a crisis because WHAT IF TARGET RUNS OUT OF EVERYTHING AND MY KIDS HAVE TO HAVE PUKE GREEN FOLDERS?!
Margaritas have come in handy during my obsessive website refresh sessions. These are peach margaritas and they’re my fave. The white peaches are extra good this year and I’m really enjoying eating them fresh or chopping them up for smoothies. And yeah, maybe a margarita every once in a while.
- Peaches – make sure they are fresh, very ripe peaches so you get the best peach taste.
- Orange liqueur – anything orange liqueur that you like.
- Sugar – this is going to be used to get the peaches to release their juices and also sweeten it.
- Salt – there’s just a tiny bit of salt in this recipe to help the peaches give off their juices.
- Silver tequila – you can use gold if you have it but it will slightly change the taste and the color of the margaritas.
- Fresh lime juice
- Peach nectar – you can find this in the juice aisle of most large grocery stores and some liquor stores will even have it.
How To Make Peach Margaritas
- Peel peaches. Put a bunch of ice in a large mixing bowl. Cover the ice with water. Set aside. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add 1 pound peaches, and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Remove peaches from water once you can handle them. Peel and halve peaches, and remove pits.
- Prepare peaches. Slice peaches into wedges, and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with orange liqueur, sugar, and salt. Cover, and set in a warm spot until peaches give off juice, about 20 minutes.
- Puree peach mixture. Puree peach mixture in a blender or a food processor until completely smooth.
- Make drinks. stir in tequila and lemon juice. Transfer to a pitcher, and stir in peach nectar.
- Serve. Serve over ice. Garnish with peach slices, if desired.
Can You Make It Ahead?
You can peel and prep the peaches ahead of time if you need to because that is the most time intensive part. Keep the mixture refrigerated until you are ready to add the remaining ingredients.
Once you add the tequila, I wouldn’t leave it for more than 4 hours before serving.
- Melon Margaritas
- Skinny Kiwi Margaritas
- Frozen Prickly Pear Margaritas
- Cantaloupe Coconut Margaritas
- Honeydew Margaritas
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound about 3 ripe peaches, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup 6 ounces silver tequila
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups bottled peach nectar
- Put a bunch of ice in a large mixing bowl. Cover the ice with water. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add 1 pound peaches, and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Remove peaches from water once you can handle them.
- Peel and halve peaches, and remove pits. Slice peaches into wedges, and transfer to a medium bowl. Toss with orange liqueur, sugar, and salt. Cover, and set in a warm spot until peaches give off juice, about 20 minutes.
- Puree peach mixture in a blender or a food processor until completely smooth. Immediately stir in tequila and lime juice. (Peach puree with tequila can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 4 hours.) Transfer to a pitcher, and stir in peach nectar.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with peach slices, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g