Sand Pudding – the cutest no bake dessert! Layers of pudding and cookie crumble sand and topped with gummy worms. Perfect for a summer party!
This Sand Pudding is one of my favorite cutesy desserts. You know, something that’s always a hit with the kids. My Dirt and Worms Chex Mix is another great one!
It’s perfect for birthday parties or school parties or just an afterschool snack if you have a bunch of kiddos you need to impress. It’s also super easy and no bake!
What Is Sand Pudding
Sand pudding is a delicious no bake dessert that everyone loves because who doesn’t love pudding, cookies, and gummy worms?!
It starts with a “sand” made from Nilla Wafer cookies and Oreos. And the pudding is a light and fluffy vanilla pudding made with cream cheese, pudding mix, and Cool Whip.
It all gets layered together with the “sand” on top. Then you can add cute little gummy worms.
I like to serve this dessert in cute tiny plastic buckets, especially if I’m making it for a kid birthday party.
How To Make Sand Pudding
- Combine Nilla Wafers and Oreo in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles sand; set aside
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, and powder sugar
- In a separate bowl, mix together vanilla pudding mix and milk
- Add pudding to the cream cheese mixture
- Gently fold in Cool Whip
- Layer “sand” and pudding mixture into serving dishes
- Top with gummy creatures
More No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Million Dollar Pie Bars
- Peanut Butter S’mores Dip
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Caramel Corn Treats
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- No Bake Snickers Pie
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for even more!
- 1 11 ounce box Nilla Wafers
- 2 Oreos
- 1 8 ounce block cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes vanilla pudding mix
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- Put Nilla Wafers and Oreos together in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles sand. Set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix and milk. Slowly add this mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined. Gently fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer into serving dish of choice (it's really cute in buckets!) starting and ending with the "sand" mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g
Marie @ Not Enough Cinnamon.com says
I don’t know what your blog looked like before but I sure love this new design!! I’m so glad I discovered your blog, everything looks delicious and easy to make – perfect in my book! :)
Nutmeg Nanny says
I’m reporting back to say I googled sand fleas. So gross.
hahaha! Definitely one of the most disgusting things on the planet. Yuck.
Nutmeg Nanny says
I’m really happy you went with the worms over sand fleas. I wonder if they make gummy sand fleas….lets hope not. I love this twist on dirt pudding. It’s the perfect dessert for a beach themed birthday party!
Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen says
Ahhhhh! Your new site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I adore it!!!! Too many exclamation points, but I can’t help it! Your trip looked awesome- such special memories for your kiddos. And I totally have mini plastic sand buckets sitting on my counter right now to make this pudding but I kind of suck at blogging in the summer. My family makes this pudding every summer!
These are adorable!
Glad you are back Amanda! And I am seriously obsessed with your design!! Love everything wooden spoons kitchen does and they sure did a great job with yours. I love the little sprinkles everywhere and the font of your logo is way cute! This is the perfect snack or dessert for summer and such a great twist on the oreo chocolate dirt! Vanilla wafers are so good!
Lauren at Keep It Sweet says
I love this fun twist on the original dirt pudding!