Honeycrisp Apple Sangria – the perfect fall drink! White wine sangria with honeycrisp apples, oranges, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Plus a cinnamon sugar rim!
I think I am the last person in the universe to jump on the honeycrisp train. Just this week though, they were the cheapest apples at my grocery store so I bought them and they are amazing. Seriously, crisp like I didn’t even know apples could be!
I haven’t told you guys but Nicole and I had so much fun doing our s’mores week that we wanted to do something together every week. And we decided on drinks because… well duh. So for the next little while we’ll be doing a themed drink each week!
Apples were the theme of the week and I’ve had this sangria on my “must make” list since Brandy suggested I try it one night when I was whining on Twitter about how I hated wine. It specifically calls for honeycrisp apples and since I’d just bought 15 pounds (seriously) of honeycrisp, it was perfect!
How To Make Honeycrisp Apple Sangria
This is a really easy cocktail since it requires literally zero cooking – no simple syrup, nothing! – but it does need to sit for awhile. So make sure you give yourself enough time to let it sit for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
It starts by combining Chardonnay (you can use a cheap one – we’re adding enough to it that it you won’t be able to tell!), peach schnapps, and honey. Then stir in chopped honeycrisp apple, orange slices, lemon slices, lime slices, cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger, and whole cloves.
That’s the part that needs to sit overnight if possible.
After it sits, strain it to get rid of all the fruit and spicy bits and there’s your sangria! It’s served topped with club soda and with freshly chopped honeycrisp apple and orange segments.
Plus, the best part! A cinnamon sugar rim! To make the cinnamon sugar, just combine cinnamon and sugar in a shallow dish. You can use a lemon wedge or even water to moisten the rims of your glasses and then dip them into the cinnamon sugar.
Can You Use a Different Apple?
Yes, of course! If it’s not honeycrisp season or they are just stupid expensive, use a similar apple like jazz, pink lady, or ambrosia. It will be just as delicious!
More Apple Cocktails
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 honeycrisp apples
- 2 oranges
- One 750-milliliter bottle Chardonnay
- ½ cup peach schnapps
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarter-size slices of fresh ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Club soda
- Peel and chop one of the apples. Quarter one of the oranges, the lemon, and the lime.
- In a large bowl, combine the wine, schnapps and honey. Stir in the chopped apple, the quartered orange, lemon, lime, cinnamon sticks, ginger and cloves. Refrigerate it overnight (or at least 4 hours if you're in a hurry).
- Strain the sangria into a pitcher. Chop the remaining apple. Peel, section and chop the remaining orange. Mix the apple and orange in a bowl.
- On a small plate, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Moisten the rims of wine glasses and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Pour in the sangria until three-quarters full. Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with a generous spoonful of the chopped apple and orange.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g