This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. This recipe is for adults 21 and older and does contain alcohol.
Apple Cider Jello Shots – perfect for fall parties! Apple cider and Fireball jello shots topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Happy Friday! I saved the boozy #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe for the end of the week!
If you’ve missed my other posts this week, #HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly event hosted by Angie of Big Bear’s Wife and there are 41 bloggers sharing Halloween recipes this week. Some cute, some creepy, and all delicious!
Okay, so when was the last time you had a jello shot? Mine was probably, like, 2005. And it was definitely made with boxed jello mix and was awful.
These are a little bit more of a grown person jello shot since you skip the box and use apple cider. If you want to make an apple cider drink that isn’t jello shots, I’ve got a Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria recipe that you will love.
How To Make Apple Cider Jello Shots
These Apple Cider Jello Shots start with apple cider, of course. I used The Litehouse Gala Apple Cider Blend. It as a delicious, fresh apple flavor and it’s perfect for these shots.
The apple cider gets mixed with fresh lemon juice (for a little tartness) and then plain, unflavored gelatin gets sprinkled over top. That needs to bloom for a few minutes and then it gets heated up until the gelatin is dissolved.
Finally, you add your booze! Fireball is a cinnamon whiskey and it is so perfect with the cider! If you don’t love the cinnamon flavor of Fireball, regular whiskey is also fine.
Divide the mixture into your containers and let them sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours so they can firm up. I like to use these small plastic cups with tops but don’t put the top on until after the jello has cooled.
Top it with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon right before serving! Or if you’re serving them at your Halloween party, top them with these cute gummy eyeballs from Treat Street USA. I saw the eyeballs at Target recently and they also have other cute Treat Street USA items for Halloween.
Where Can I Find Unflavored Gelatin?
You should be able to find it in pretty much any grocery store. It will be with the flavored jello and pudding mixes in the baking aisle in most stores.
Or you can always order it online if you can’t find it near you.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Poison Apple Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Cider Jello Shots from Fake Ginger
- Caramel Chocolate Green Monster Cupcakes from I am a Honey Bee
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cheeseball from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Eyeball Monster Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Bloody Ice Cream Sundaes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Fruit Punch from Everyday Eileen
- Spooky Eyeball Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Candy Bucket Cake from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bloody Eyeball Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Day of the Dead Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Ectoplasm Fluff Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Loaded Bat Bark from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Icebox Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Scary Caramel Popcorn Balls from West Via Midwest
- Frankenstein Cake Pops from The Redhead Baker
- Purple People Eater Cupcakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Cakesickles from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Katie’s Cucina
- Caramel Apple Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Witches Midnight Puppy Chow from My Sweet Zepol
- Individual Jack Skellington Cheesecakes from Savory Moments
- Halloween Brownie Parfait from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Fudge from A Blender Mom
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Spooky Shortbread Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 c Litehouse Gala Apple Cider
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 (.25 oz) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 c Fireball Whiskey
- whipped cream and cinnamon, for serving
- Add apple cider and lemon juice to a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin on top and let it bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir to dissolve gelatin. Remove from heat and stir in Fireball.
- Divide into shot containers and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon right before serving.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.