Loaded Cauliflower Mac and Cheese – cauliflower tossed in a delicious paleo cheese sauce and topped with bacon. Get your mac and cheese fix without the guilt!
Heeeey guys! Happy Monday!
I discovered that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is now on Netflix and umm, it changed my life. You guys. No one told me that it’s a musical series.
Anyway, it’s really good and I’m not gonna tell you how many episodes I watched while I was catching up on some work that I’m waaaay behind on.
How To Make Loaded Cauliflower Mac and Cheese!
It’s not really mac and cheese, I know. But when you’re doing the paleo thing, this works. I grilled up some chicken thighs and threw them on top and called it dinner several nights in a row. But it’s also an excellent side dish!
Wait, Amanda, you can’t have cheese when you’re paleo.
The sauce calls for nutritional yeast which has a cheesy quality and is also really good for you.
Steps for making Loaded Cauliflower Mac and Cheese:
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy; remove bacon and drain off most of the fat
- While bacon is cooking, steam cauliflower florets in microwave
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, transfer it to the pan with the bacon fat.
- Add full-fat canned coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt, and black pepper
- Stir in half the bacon
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with remaining bacon and fresh chives
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Dirty Cauliflower Rice
- Korean Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Cauliflower Tots Shepherd’s Pie
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ pound bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 heads cauliflower
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- In a wide soup pot or heavy-bottomed saucepan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the bacon into a bowl. Drain off most of the fat remaining in the pan, but don't wipe the pan down.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the cauliflower florets away from the stems. (You should have 6 cups of florets.) Steam the cauliflower by placing the cauliflower in a large microwavable bowl with ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Transfer the steamed cauliflower to the pot you used to cook the bacon. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chives, and stir to combine. Stir in half of the bacon and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with the remaining bacon and the chives. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1276mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 11gSugar: 6gProtein: 33g