Maple Pumpkin Cheese Cheese Muffins – moist pumpkin muffins flavored with maple and filled with sweetened cream cheese!
Two pumpkin recipes this week!
Is it too much pumpkin?
I still have many cans of pumpkin in my pantry so. Prepare yourselves.
Anyway, let’s talk about making mornings easier today.
Because I get my kids out of bed at 6:15 and we’re (trying very hard to be) out the door at 6:55.
That’s 6 shoes that inexplicitly go missing in the middle of the night. Every single night. How does this happen? Why is one shoe outside if the other is under the bed?
I. Don’t. Understand. It.
Tell me I’m not alone. Tell me you have also found yourself sneaking into the neighbor’s garage at 7 am because your kid swears he left his shoes there.
Ingredients for Maple Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin puree
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Raw sugar – use regular sugar if you don’t have raw sugar
- Pumpkin seeds
Directions for Maple Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Make cream cheese mixture by beating together cream cheese, brown sugar, and maple syrup
- Make muffins by beating together butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, alternating with milk; beat until well combined
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the batter into prepared muffin cups
- Put a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on top of batter
- Top with remaining batter
- Sprinkle raw sugar and pumpkin seeds over batter
- Bake at 350F for about 22 minutes
- Cool completely before serving
Muffin pan – the most important thing you need! I love these muffin pans with a lid. Once the muffins are cool, just pop the lid on and you don’t have to worry about dirtying another container for storing them.
Muffin liners – the ones you see in my pictures are these parchment liners. They are the only ones I buy – you don’t have to worry about muffins sticking to them and I think the natural color is just so pretty.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Beer Bread
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Blondies
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Waffles
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the cream cheese filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the muffins:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filing
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- To make the cream cheese filling, use an electric mixer to beat together cream cheese, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- To make the muffins, beat together butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until no lumps remain.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Add milk; beat until combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Put about a tablespoon of the batter in the bottom of each muffin cup (enough to cover the bottom well). Place a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture on top in each cup. Divide remaining mixture among the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine raw sugar and pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 22 - 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g