Paleo Korean Beef Bowls – delicious 20 minute meal! Spicy and sweet beef served over cauliflower rice!
I love all things sweet and spicy. This sweet and spicy Paleo Korean beef is inspired by Korean bulgogi which is a slightly sweet and slightly spicy beef dish. This is a much quicker way to do it, using ground beef that cooks in just a few minutes
If you want a more bulgogi like bowl, my Korean Beef Cauliflower Rice Bowl uses flank steak instead and is another one of my favorite.
This dish comes together in about 20 minutes. While I’m cooking, I put a bag of microwavable cauliflower rice in to cook and pull out whatever leftover veggies I have in my fridge. It’s one of my favorite easy weeknight meals.
How To Make Paleo Korean Beef
- Stir together coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, white parts of scallions, pepper, and chili paste
- Heat cooking oil over medium-high heat in a skillet; cook ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks
- Once beef is cooked, add sauce and simmer until thickened, about 4 minutes
- Serve topped with sesame seeds and sliced green onions
How Long Is Korean Beef Good For?
This Paleo Korean Beef is good for up to 3 – 4 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I would keep it separate from the cauliflower rice (if using) or the cauliflower will absorb all of the sauce.
Can You Freeze Korean Beef?
Yes, you can definitely freeze this Paleo Korean Beef. Make sure to wrap it tightly or use a ziploc bag with all the air squeezed out of it. Consume within 3 months.
I would defrost it overnight in the fridge and then reheat on the stove.
More Paleo Recipes
- Chipotle Shrimp Jicama Tacos
- Paleo Beef Stroganoff
- Paleo Sloppy Joes
- Paleo Meatloaf
- Paleo Orange Chicken
- Paleo Shepherd’s Pie
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 - 4 cups cauliflower rice, this recipe but leave out the onion, lime, and cilantro
- 1 pound broccoli florets, steamed
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, white scallion parts, pepper, and chili paste.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat the cooking oil. Brown the meat for 5 to 8 minute, break it up with a spatula as it cooks. Continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink. Add the sauce to the skillet, bringing it to a quick boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Serve warm, sprinkle with the green scallion tops and sesame seeds over the cauliflower rice with steamed broccoli on the side.