Chicken nuggets are a staple around here. My 3 year old goes through stages where he won’t eat anything but chicken nuggets so when we’re dealing with that, I prefer to make them so that I know exactly what goes into them.
These are our favorites nuggets! My husband and I were eating them long before our kid started eating solid foods so you know they’re good. Before I discovered panko bread crumbs, I used the regular kind and they worked fine so if you don’t have panko in your pantry, don’t make a special trip for them. Also, a little dried thyme is delicious in these – just mix it into the bread crumb mixture.
Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
- 1 pound boneless (skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size cubes)
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, mix together Panko, Parmesan, and salt; set aside. Put melted butter in a pie plate or other shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into butter and then coat with Panko mixture. Place on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25 â€“ 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.