PB&J Banana Bread – peanut butter banana bread with a drizzle of jam and topped with a streusel topping and chopped peanuts. Everything you love about pb&j in banana bread!
I’m going through this weird sandwich thing right now.
I don’t eat sandwiches often, I’m just really not a fan. Like, twice a year I’ll crave a Subway Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki but that’s basically it. And y’all know I’m addicted to Jimmy John’s but since I get the lettuce wrapped sandwich, I consider that more of a portable salad.
A portable salad with mayo oozing out the sides but a portable salad nonetheless.
In the past two weeks, I’ve had Subway, Jimmy John’s with actual bread, and Schlotzsky’s. Because I want ALL THE SANDWICHES. I even plotted out a route for this week’s Pyrex search that takes me right by a Firehouse Subs since we don’t have one in my part of the city.
And it gets worse.
On Monday, I walked the kid to school, put the other two in the car and drove straight to Walmart for bagels, chive & onion cream cheese, and…
And then I came home and fried the Spam and made a bagelwich.
Something has happened to my brain. That’s the only explanation.
How To Make PB&J Banana Bread
Today’s recipe is a not a sandwich but don’t be shocked if you see me instagram a BLT or something equally weird on this PB&J Banana Bread soon.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt) to remove any lumps
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, butter, and peanut butter
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and stir until well combined
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in chopped peanuts
- Transfer batter to a loaf pan
- Drizzle batter with jam and swirl with a butter knife to marble slightly
- Make the streusel topping by combining brown sugar and flour; use a pastry cutter to cut butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs; add peanuts
- Sprinkle streusel over batter
- Bake about 70 minutes
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack too cool completely
- Don’t slice until it is cooled completely!
How Long Is Banana Bread Good For?
Banana bread is fine on the counter for up to 4 days. Make sure it’s covered or in a a container of some sort. The texture will start to change the longer it sits because it will start to try out. So it’s best to consume within the first couple days.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes, banana bread freezes wonderfully! I like to freeze inividual slices so when we want one, we can just pull it out but you can also freeze an entire life. Wrap in foil tightly and then put in a freezer bag, squeezing out as much air as possible.
Deforst overnight on the counter before serving. Or to defrost quickly, remove from bag and foil and microwave for about 20 – 30 seconds.
More Banana Bread Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups mashed bananas, 4 to 5 medium
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ⅓ cup jam
For the streusel topping:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, butter, and peanut butter. Add egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir until all the flour is just moistened; it should be lumpy. Fold in chopped peanuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Drizzle with the jam and swirl slightly to marble.
- To make the streusel topping, stir together brown sugar and flour. Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in peanuts. Sprinkle this over the bread.
- Bake about 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If it starts to get too dark, tent with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 6g