Restaurant Style Queso Dip – just like your favorite Mexican restaurant! Spicy melted cheese – perfect for dipping tortilla chips or using as a topping for tacos or burritos!
Football is so close I can taste it! (Eww?)
I hope you have your kickoff party menu planned. If not, you should make this. Because there is nothing better than chips and queso.
I’ve been craving Mexican food like mad but really, what’s new? I’ve already told my husband that the day he gets home, we’re going to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I just can’t bring myself to go there without him. Plus, if he’s not there, I can’t order a margarita and what’s the point of going for Mexican if I can’t get a margarita?
And I know you’re all “Why don’t you just go to Chipotle?”
Because Chipotle doesn’t have queso.
So I’ve been making this queso blanco and then I have this whole thing that I do. I lay out chips in a single layer on a plate and put a spoonful of queso on each chip and then I top each one with a pickled jalapeño. And then I eat them with a glass of wine over Sonic ice. It’s my nightly routine.
Some people’s nightly routines consist of taking their makeup off and painting their nails. I eat chips and queso in bed at 1 am.
It is what it is.
This queso blanco really does taste like the stuff you’d find at your fave Mexican place. And it’s even better because you can adjust the heat to your liking.
It’s also super simple to make and I imagine you could put it in a small slow cooker on the warm setting to keep it warm all day.
If you love a meatier queso, my Queso Fundido is killer!
How To Make Restaurant Style Queso
- Saute onion and jalapeno until softened
- Add white American cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and heavy cream; stir until cheese is mostly melted
- Add fresh tomatoes and cilantro
- Add more heavy cream until it reaches desired consistency
- Serve hot with tortilla chips
More Mexican Recipes
- Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce
- Spicy Shrimp Nachos
- Mexican Sopa
- Three Bean Enchilada Casserole
- Guacamole Tostadas
- Pulled Pork Nachos with Pineapple Salsa
- Texas Tortilla Soup
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeds and stem removed; minced
- 12 ounces white American cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4-2/3 cup cream, half-and-half, or whole milk
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion and jalapeño; cook until softened, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low; add cheese and 1/4 cup of the cream. Stir until almost melted. Stir in tomatoes, cilantro, and additional cream a little at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve hot with chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 897mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 17g