Snickers Cake – chocolate poke cake filled with sweetened condensed milk and caramel. It’s topped with whipped cream and chopped Snickers! Plus, peanuts, caramel sauce, and hot fudge on top!
I think it’s so funny how the brain remembers the weirdest things.
Like, I remember a very specific tweet from probably 3 years ago that wasn’t even directed at me from someone who I’ve spoken to, maybe, 10 times in my Twitter lifetime.
It said: I mean, do we really need a recipe for a poke cake?
And I remember thinking that yeah, I totally need a recipe because all I know is you poke holes in it. I don’t know what to put in those holes, I don’t know what cake to use, I don’t know what to put on top.
I’d never given poke cakes a second thought but that tweet… that tweet made me want to make ALL THE POKE CAKES.
Since then, they’ve become my go-to “last minute” dessert. You know those nights when your husband walks in from work and says HEYIGOTTABEATAMEETINGINANHOURANDINEEDTOBRINGADESSERT.
And you’re just like, “Uhh, I’m on my second glass of wine and The Bachelor just started. Now is not the time for jokes.”
How To Make Snickers Cake!
I’ve honestly made this Snickers Cake more than once during commercial breaks on such an occasion.
It’s just a Devil’s Food Cake Mix that you bake according to the box instructions. Once baked, poke holes all over it with the handle of a wooden spoon or something similar and pour caramel sauce all over so it seeps down into those holes. Then top with whipped cream with chopped Snickers bars folded into it. As if that’s not decadent enough, it’s also topped with chopped peanuts, caramel, and fudge.
It’s the best. I could eat the entire thing myself.
Because I already bought my dress for when my husband comes home.
But if I hadn’t, I would totally eat the entire thing.
More Chocolate Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Cream Filled Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- German Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- Savannah Sheet Cake
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix, plus all ingredients listed on box to bake it
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 ounce jar caramel sauce
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 regular size Snickers, chopped
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- extra caramel and hot fudge for drizzling
- Bake Devil's Food cake according to box instructions.
- Once baked (when still hot), use a straw to poke holes all over the cake.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and caramel; pour over cake. Allow to cool before frosting.
- Beat heavy cream until it begins to thicken; add powdered sugar and vanilla and continue beating until soft peaks. Use a rubber spatula to fold in chopped Snickers.
- Spread whipped cream over the cooled cake. Top with chopped peanuts and drizzle with caramel and hot fudge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 1gSugar: 57gProtein: 6g