These Peeps Dirt Cups are going to be the star of your Easter party! They have layers of chocolate pudding and crushed Oreos and are topped with edible Easter grass, chocolate eggs, and Peeps bunnies!
If you want even more cute Peeps treats, these Peeps Nests are so cute and so delicious!
I say this for every holiday but Easter is definitely my favorite. I love that I can decorate the house with pastel colors and fake eggs and so many bunnies. I love that I have excuses to make carrot cake. And I especially love Peeps season.
Peeps are the cutest candy and I love when any excuse to make fun desserts with them. I mean, how can you not love Peeps bunnies standing in chocolate pudding that’s mean to look like dirt? I’m obsessed.
These Peeps Dirt Cups are such an easy, delicious dessert. You have to make them for your Easter dinner!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- These Peeps Dirt Cups are completely no bake! They use instant chocolate pudding so it comes together in minutes. And they are easy enough that kids can help make them.
- How cute are they?! They’re perfect for an Easter party and something that kids and adults will enjoy.
- You can’t go wrong with chocolate layered with more chocolate! And chocolate candy eggs on top?! The best!
Ingredients for Peeps Dirt Cake
- Instant chocolate pudding mix – if you don’t have instant pudding, just make sure that you give it plenty of time to set. You want it to be pudding consistency by the time you assemble the cups.
- Oreo cookies – you’re only going to be using the cookie part so feel free to enjoy the cream!
- Edible grass – you can find this in the seasonal section of pretty much any store these days. Or you can order it online.
- Bunny Peeps – use any flavor that you want. You can even use the chick Peeps if you want because chickens love dirt too!
- Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs – you can use any candy eggs that you want but I think chocolate eggs work best here since you’re using chocolate pudding and chocolate cookies.
How To Make Peeps Dirt Cups
- Make pudding. Whisk instant chocolate pudding mix and milk together for 2 minutes. Place in the fridge and let it chill for at least 5 minutes.
- Crush cookies. Remove cream filling from each Oreo cookie. Place the cookies into a large plastic bag and crush until tit resembles dirt.
- Prepare grass. Cut the edible grass into ½-inch to 1-inch segments.
- Assemble cups. Scoop ⅓ cup of chocolate pudding into a short clear plastic cup. Smooth the layer down. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of Oreo crumbs over the pudding. Follow with another ¼ cup of pudding and then another Oreo layer.
- Add toppings. Top the dirt cup with 1 Peep marshmallow, 3 Whopper mini eggs, and 12-15 cut pieces of edible grass.
- Chill and serve. Allow the dirt cups to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Serve cold and enjoy!
How Long Are They Good For?
Peeps Dirt Cups are best the day they are made when the cookie crumbs still have a bit of texture. However, these pudding cups will stay good for several days, they just might be not have any crunch.
Make sure to cover them with foil and refrigerate until you are ready to enjoy them.
More Easter Treats
- Easter Rice Krispies Nests with Nutella
- Easter Trifle
- Easter Popcorn
- Easter Chicks Cupcakes
- Easter Sugar Cookie Cups
- Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
- Easter White Chocolate Covered Oreos
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (5.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 14 Oreo cookies
- Edible grass
- 6 short plastic cups
- 6 bunny Peeps
- Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk instant chocolate pudding mix and milk together for 2 minutes. Place in the fridge and let it chill for at least 5 minutes.
2. Remove cream filling from each Oreo cookie. (You can eat it or throw it out.) Place the cookies into a large plastic bag. Using a cup or rolling pin, crush the cookies until they resemble crumbs.
3. Cut the edible grass into ½-inch to 1-inch segments.
4. Assemble the dirt cup by scooping ⅓ cup of chocolate pudding into a short clear plastic cup. Smooth the layer down. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons
of Oreo crumbs over the pudding. Follow with another ¼ cup of pudding and then another Oreo layer.
5. Top the dirt cup with 1 Peep marshmallow, 3 Whopper mini eggs, and 12-15 cut pieces of edible grass.
6. Allow the dirt cups to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Serve cold and enjoy!