Easy homemade treats your pup is going to love! Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats have only 5 simple ingredients.
Hey guys! How as the long weekend? I hope it was long and fabulous! And I hope you’re as excited as I am for a short week!
First up: I have to admit that I’ve had 5 Pumpkin Spice Lattes since Friday.
It’s a problem.
I’m keeping a tally on the whiteboard in my office so I’ll be sure to keep you updated.
Second: I am having the worst pumpkin baking luck.
I’ve made 3 different things and all 3 failed. Well, to be fair, the first was only a fail because I tried to photograph it in July and it’s so flippin’ hot here that the whipped cream melted literally seconds after I put it on the plate.
So I just ate it all instead of blogging about it.
The other two were total fails.
My first successful pumpkin goodie this year is this Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats recipe.
Hey, the pups are just as excited as I am about pumpkin season!
I was almost tempted to give these a try because they smelled so good when baking. I mean, pumpkin, peanut butter, cinnamon! What’s not to love? My dogs loved them and I’m sure yours will too!
- Pumpkin puree
- Peanut butter
- All-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Beat together pumpkin puree, peanut butter, egg, and cinnamon until smooth
- Slowly beat in flour and water, alternating between each, until combined
- Turn the dough onto a well floured surface and roll to about ¼-inch thick
- Cut into desired cookie cutters and transfer to the prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool completely before serving to your pup
How Long Are Homemade Dog Treats Good For?
These treats will be good for 3 or 4 days if left at room temperature and up to a week in the fridge.
Is Peanut Butter Safe For Dogs?
Yes, peanut butter is safe for dogs – and they LOVE it!
Make sure to read the labels of your peanut butter and avoid any that contain xylitol. That is very, very dangerous for dogs.
I tend to buy peanut butter with only peanuts listed in the ingredients. I feel like it’s better for everyone in the house.
More Dog Treats Recipes
- Peanut Butter Pupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Oats Doggy Treats
- Peanut Butter Doggy Ice Cream
- Carrot, Peanut Butter, and Oats Dog Treats
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling!
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups flour, plus more for rolling
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, peanut butter, egg, and cinnamon until smooth. Slowly beat in flour and water, alternating between each, until everything is combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and roll to about ¼-inch thick. Cut with desired cookie cutters and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely before treating your pup!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g