Homemade Apple Cider Doughnuts will have you wishing for fall! These cake doughnuts are full of apple cider flavor and coated in cinnamon sugar.
Good morning guys! (Or afternoon! Or evening!) I made doughnuts!
Last year I was super excited because I realized we had an apple farm, like, 15 minutes from our house. Yep, took me 4 years to realize it.
The website advertised apple cider doughnuts and I was sold. Sure, picking apples and pumpkins sounds like fun but doughnuts? I will go pretty much anywhere if doughnuts are promised.
I’m very motivated by food.
Just like my dogs.
Anyway, we got there and the doughnuts were baked.
The kids took one bite and said, “Nope.”
Apple Cider Doughnuts!
Honestly, I like a baked doughnut when I’m at home and maybe I don’t want to consume 10,000 calories that day. You know?
But baked apple cider doughnuts at an apple farm should be a crime.
So almost a full year later, I made Apple Cider Doughnuts!
I hate frying. We all know this. But omg, these are so worth it.
They’re cake doughnuts which are my fave and you reduce apple cider to get a really strong cider taste. And then you roll them in cinnamon sugar. Or you could make a glaze if you wanted!
More Apple Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 cups flour
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- vegetable oil for frying
For the cinnamon sugar:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring cider to a boil and cook until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, and cider. Stir into the dry ingredients. It will be sticky. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make the cinnamon sugar: stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Divide dough in half on a well floured surface. Roll each portion to ½" thickness and cut with doughnut cutter.
- Heat oil to 365F. Fry doughnuts, a few at a time, for 1 - 1 ½ minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Toss hot doughnuts with cinnamon sugar mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g