Cheddar, Parmesan, and Pretzel Goldfish tossed with pecans in a buttery, savory ranch mixture and baked until delicious. Perfect for a party snack!
Last week of school! Last week of school! LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!
Can you sense my excitement? I have so many fun things planned for the summer but mostly I’m just excited to sleep in.
You know what doesn’t excite me? Getting a “low balance” alert on the kid’s lunch account a week before school lets out.
And I know, I can pack him a lunch in 10 minutes. But… my husband is deployed and I have 3 kids and an idiot husky and sometimes I just want to take the easy way out. Whine, whine, whine.
I’m refusing the pay the $3 fee to fund his account for 5 days of lunches and I’d already gone to the grocery store for the week so… it’s time to get creative!
How To Make Ranch Goldfish Snack Mix
I think Goldfish are quite possibly the worst snack in the world and every time my kids beg for those little cartons of fish at the checkout lane in Target I’m like “WHYYY?!”
I would pretty much choose anything over Goldfish.
But as it turns out, if you coat Goldfish in butter and ranch dressing mix, I’m a fan.
To make Ranch Goldfish Mix, you mix Cheddar, Parmesan, and Pretzel Goldfish crackers with pecan. That gets tossed in melted butter, worcestershire sauce, and a packet of dry Ranch dressing mix. And then bake it for about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
More Snack Mix Recipes
Dirt and Worms Chex Mix – the cutest snack mix! Chocolate chex with chopped Oreos and gummy worms. Perfect for a spring party.
Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix – Chex cereal, cheesy crackers, and pretzels coated in a delicious ranch and Parmesan coating.
S’mores Chex Mix – Chex and Golden Grahams coated with a chocolate marshmallow mixture and powdered sugar. And then topped with more chocolate ad marshmallows.
- 2 bags cheddar Goldfish crackers
- 1 bag Parmesan Goldfish crackers
- 1 bag pretzel Goldfish crackers
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ounce packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour all 4 bags of Goldfish and the pecans into a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together melted butter, ranch dressing mix, and worcestershire sauce. Pour this over the Goldfish and toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the Goldfish to the prepared baking sheet and use a rubber spatula to spread them out.
- Bake for for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g