Roasted Broccolini – simple roasted broccolini is the perfect side dish! Just broccolini, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
We moved about a month ago (from Austin-ish to Dallas-ish) and the first thing I did when we moved was search for a produce delivery box from a local farm.
So now every Friday I sit by my office window and wait for the delivery lady and then I spend 30 minutes laying out all the produce for the perfect picture. It’s my favorite day of the week.
We got this broccolini in last week’s box and it’s not something I usually buy but it’s something that I love when I do buy it. Definitely one of my favorite vegetables.
It makes the perfect side dish when you roast it with just olive oil, salt, and pepper. Quick, easy, and delicious!
What Is Broccolini
Broccolini is a cross breed of the broccoli we all know and love and Chinese kale which is a leafy vegetable. So despite sometimes being called baby broccoli, it’s not actually just small broccoli.
The stem of broccolini is thinner and more tender than regular broccoli. I’d say the texture is closer to asparagus than regular broccoli.
It also tastes a little sweeter so if you have a kiddo (or a boyfriend) that doesn’t love broccoli, maybe give broccolini a try!
How To Make Roasted Broccolini
- Trim broccolini stalks about 2 inches and slice any really thick stalks in half
- Place on baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until broccoli is tender
Can You Make Broccolini Ahead
Sure! It might not be as crisp as when it’s freshly roasted but if you want to prep a couple batches of broccolini ahead of time for lunches for the week or quick dinners, go for it!
It easily reheats in the microwave or oven or you could just add it to a salad cold! It’s super versatile so it’s perfect for meal prep.
Where To Find Broccolini
Broccolini has become a lot easier to find in recent years. I’ve seen it at Target, Walmart, Kroger, HEB, pretty much all grocery stores. If you aren’t having luck at your grocery store, try Whole Foods or another health food store.
Farmer’s Markets or produce boxes that come directly from farms are another option.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad
- Creamy Cole Slaw
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Carrot Apple Salad
- Balala Salad (Middle Eastern Bean Salad)
- Sauteed Red Wine Garlic Mushrooms
- Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Trim about 2 inches off the stalks (if not already trimmed) and slice any really thick stalks in half. Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to make sure all the broccolini is coated.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until broccoli is tender but burnt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 308mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g