Slow Cooker Steak Bites are perfect for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner. Chunks of steak are slow cooked to tender perfection in a savory gravy. It takes just a few minutes of prep and you will have a scrumptious dinner waiting when you get home!
If you’re trying to cook more at home in the new year, this is going to be a good one for you to try!
I love recipes like this because it’s a dump and go – just put everything in your crockpot, set the timer, and walk away. You’ll come home to your house smelling delicious and a warm, comforting dinner.
These crockpot steak bites are so delicious and only requires 7 ingredients! I got everything prepped in less than 10 minutes and didn’t have to think about dinner the rest of the day.
- Sirloin steak – I like sirloin for this dish because it’s cheaper than other steak cuts but it gets super tender since it’s slow cooked.
- White onion – adds delicious flavor and texture to the steak bites.
- Black pepper – no salt because we’re adding enough salt with the other ingredients.
- Garlic – this adds so much flavor and makes your house smell delicious while the steak bites are slow cooking all day.
- Low-sodium beef broth – make sure it’s low sodium (or even unsalted) since the gravy mix we’re using is pretty salty.
- Au jus gravy mix – this is one of those paper packets that you can find with the taco seasoning and other seasoning mixes in the grocery store. It’s quite salty which is why we’re trying not to add too much salt otherwise.
- Butter – just a tiny bit. It smells into the dish and makes the final gravy so rich and delicious.
How To Make Slow Cooker Steak Bites
- Prepare. Place diced steak and onion in slow cooker. Season with pepper. Add garlic.
- Make gravy. Add beef broth. Sprinkle with au jus gravy mix. Top with slices of butter.
- Cook. Slow cook on low for 6 – 7 hours or high for 3 – 4 hours.
What To Serve With It?
I like to serve these steak bites with mashed potatoes so the potatoes can soak up all the gravy. You could also do plain rice.
If you like fries with your steak, that would also be delicious! Fries dipped in gravy is always delicious.
I also always serve a green vegetable on the side, like roasted broccoli or green beans.
How Long Is It Good For?
Steak bites are good for up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat them in the microwave when you are ready to serve.
Can You Freeze It?
You can freeze the cooked steak bites for up to 3 months. Make sure they are completely cooled and then place in a freezer ziploc bag. Let it defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating and serving.
If you want to freeze the uncooked version, add all ingredients but the butter to a freezer ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You can dump the entire bag into the slow cooker and follow the instructions to cook.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small white onion, diced
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) package au jus gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place chopped steak and onion in bottom of slow cooker. Season with black pepper.
- Add garlic and toss to combine everything.
- Pour in beef broth.
- Sprinkle au jus mix on top of the meat mixture.
- Slice butter and place the slices on top of the au jus mix.
- Cook on low 6 - 7 hours or high 3 - 4 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 512mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 50g