Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites – sliced kielbasa in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. Only 5 ingredients and cooked in the crockpot! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or an party snack.
This recipe originally posted on August 7, 2014. Updated on March 14, 2019.
It’s that time of year!
Time to transition from Thursday margarita posts to Thursday football snack posts! Wooo! I know we have a few weeks left before football actually starts but I cannot wait any longer!
I have decided, after months of deliberation, that I am going to become the world’s biggest Broncos fan. I know, that sounds crazy.
But since I’ve also decided that I’m never leaving Colorado, I might as well be one of those people walking around in a Broncos jersey every Sunday. Yeah, I already bought one. I bought one for all the kids, too. And I guarantee the dogs will both have one before the season starts. We are all in.
As much as I love the games, my number one favorite thing about football will always be the food. One of my favorite are my Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs, which are like those grape jelly meatballs everyone loves but made with cranberry sauce!
Why is food such an important part of football? Who knows. But for whatever reason, football season gives you an excuse to snack from Thursday night to Monday night.
And I like any excuse to have snacks for every meal.
How To Make Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
I really like to make things like these Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites for games because you can just leave them in the slow cooker (on warm) and set some toothpicks next to it. People can eat whenever they want!
This recipe is also incredibly easy to make.
- Cut kielbasa into 1 inch pieces (I like to cut it diagnoal – I think it makes the bites look better)
- Place kielbasa slices, brown sugar, unsweetened applesauce, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours
- Serve immediately or keep warm in slow cooker
What To Serve with Apple Kielbasa Bites
Like I mentioned, I mostly just serve these as an appetizer straight from the slow cooker with a pile of toothpicks next to it.
However, they make a really great, easy, and inexpensive dinner, too. Put them on top of mashed potatoes or rice and drizzle some of the extra sauce on top. Seriously delicious!
They also go great with my Cole Slaw Pasta Salad!
More Kielbasa Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa
- Cheesy Potato and Kielbasa Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- Kielbasa and Potato Breakfast Burritos
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 pounds fully cooked polska kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g