Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites – sliced kielbasa in a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. Only 5 ingredients and cooked in the crockpot! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or an party snack.
This recipe originally posted on August 7, 2014. Updated on March 14, 2019.
It’s that time of year!
Time to transition from Thursday margarita posts to Thursday football snack posts! Wooo! I know we have a few weeks left before football actually starts but I cannot wait any longer!
As much as I love the games, my number one favorite thing about football will always be the food. One of my favorite are my Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs, which are like those grape jelly meatballs everyone loves but made with cranberry sauce!
Why is food such an important part of football? Who knows. But for whatever reason, football season gives you an excuse to snack from Thursday night to Monday night.
And I like any excuse to have snacks for every meal.
I really like to make things like these Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites for games because you can just leave them in the slow cooker (on warm) and set some toothpicks next to it. People can eat whenever they want!
- Fully cooked polska kielbasa sausage – you can use any smoked sausage, including turkey, if you prefer
- Brown sugar
- Unsweetened applesauce – make sure it is unsweetened or the kielbasa will be too sweet
- Red pepper flakes – these are going to add the perfect amount of heat to the dish
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and give it a good stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
This kielbasa is good for about 3 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it as fresh as possible – I love these super airtight glass containers for all our leftovers.
You can reheat on the stovetop or even put it back in the slow cooker if you have about an hour to let it warm up.
You can freeze this kielbasa for up to 3 months. Let it cool down completely and then transfer it to a freezer safe container like a freezer ziploc bag. Squeeze out as much air as you can and then pop it in the freezer.
When you are ready to serve it, let it defrost overnight in the fridge and then reheat right before serving.
Like I mentioned, I mostly just serve these as an appetizer straight from the slow cooker with a pile of toothpicks next to it.
However, they make a really great, easy, and inexpensive dinner, too. Put them on top of mashed potatoes or rice and drizzle some of the extra sauce on top. Seriously delicious!
They also go great with my Cole Slaw Pasta Salad and Hawaiian Macaroni Salad!
More Kielbasa Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beer and Brown Sugar Kielbasa
- Cheesy Potato and Kielbasa Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- Kielbasa and Potato Breakfast Burritos
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 pounds fully cooked polska kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and give it a good stir. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 7g