Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes – buttery mashed potatoes with roasted garlic. An easy side dish that goes with any meal!
I love mashed potatoes. I love mashed potatoes of all kinds. I even love those little cups of mashed potato flakes that you add water to and microwave. Are those even real potatoes? Who knows.
These Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are my favorite though. (Okay, these or my Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes. I can’t choose between them.)
They are easy enough to do on a weeknight but fancy enough for a dinner party or a holiday meal.
I have every single ingredient in my pantry or fridge at all times and I’m sure you do too! It’s just potatoes, garlic, butter, and milk! But they’re so flavorful and just perfect.
How To Make Roasted Garlic
- Keeping the entire garlic bulb in tact, cut off about ½ inch from the top, exposing the tops of all the individual cloves
- Rub olive oil over exposed cloves
- Wrap in aluminum foil
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, until the garlic is browned
How To Make Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Boil red or yukon gold potatoes in salted water until fork tender; drain
- Mash potatoes with roasted garlic, butter, and milk
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
What To Serve with Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
- Apple Mustard Chicken Tenders
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Braised Pork
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- Balsamic Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Mini Turkey Meatloaves
More Side Dish Recipes
- Spicy Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans Almondine
- Roasted Broccolini
- Twice Baked Red Potatoes
- Smoked Gouda Risotto
- Sweet Potato Casserole
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 pounds red or yukon gold potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ¾ - 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- To roast garlic, preheat oven to 400F.
- Keeping the garlic bulb intact, slice off about ½ inch of the top, exposing each of the cloves.
- Rub exposed cloves with 2 tsp olive oil.
- Wrap whole garlic in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast for 30 - 35 minutes, until garlic is browned.
- Let cool; squeeze all the garlic out and set aside
- To make potatoes, halve (or quarter) potatoes depending on size.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and either mash with a potato masher or transfer to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Add , roasted garlic, butter and ¾ cup milk; continue mashing until smooth.
- Add milk to meet desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g